interim EAD

Charminar

Hello ,
My friend's EAd card expires on may25 , and she applied for the renewal more than 3 months ago but still did not get it . so she approached the local INS office and got an appointment on june 4 , at which time she will recieve the interim EAD card.
CAn she continue working the week time between the expiration of her ead and the appointment date (she has an appointment letter from local INS ) ???????
Any help is appreciated.

Technically, she is not supposed to work. If she has got some understanding with her Company, she can work, but cannot bill for that period. She can bill for this period(equivalent hours), after she gets her EAD as some kind of overtime, etc.

Bob

I think she can ... read somewhere .. if u r not approved with in 3 months u r atomatically extended to next 240 days ...
check one of those immigration sites... murthy.com or immigration.com

I'm not sure if you dont get approved in 3 months its extended automatically for 240 days.
I'm not sure if she can be billed for those days even if she gets approved later. Theoritically if you dont have the authorization, you can't work. How can you get the authorization at a later date, then get on the time machine to go back and bill yourself(regular or overtime) in the past ?

what happens if employer is willing to accomodate

what happens if the employer is accomodating and you continue to work...is there any way BCIS will know now or later... ?