Interim EAD

NSC4850400 Das

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Please advise. Is it a must that the local INS should issue an interim EAD after the 90 days have passed? Or are we at their mercy? I tried to get interim EAD before 90 days and did not get it. But, when I asked if I can show up again after 90 days, the lady (who was the most rude one I have ever faced in my life), never promised anything.

Please post if you have any ideas.

Thanks.

No Title

It depends on the location, officer you talk to and your luck. Some INS offices issue interim EAD 90 days after RD and some do it 90 days after ND. I was able to get my interim EAD from Seattle INS office 90 days after my RD but only after making two fruitless trips earlier.

No Title

NSC4850400 Das,

If you have time and you want help the other people.
Please go to the websits and find the local INS E-mail box then send the complain letter to her supervisor. Do not just post your complain here.

No Title

Hey Columbus,

All the postings are for information sake only. I know, no one here can do anything for the complains. If someone is planning to go theer to local INS, I wanted to give them a heads up on how they will be treated there, so that it won\'t be of much disappointment for them.

As far as your advise to send an e-mail to the supervisor, I first talked to the supervisor only as she herself mentioned to me that she is the supervisor there. Then the next rude lady. So both are same, no difference. I think thas usually the case. (Yadha raja thadha praja). The parentesis stuff meaning if the king is stupid, the people will be too.

So, I cannot go to a king and complain to him that he is stupid. Not on the earth.

Good luck buddy.

No Title

NSC4850400 Das,

Thank for your reply. Maybe I am asking too much from you. Your unhappy experience post already help some people.

For theother people,
NSC4850400 Das is talking about the "Charlotte INS"

No Title

Hey Columbus, why are picking on NSC4850400 Das, he seems to convey the message what happend there. Nothing wrong to express what you experienced, that\'s what here everyone trying to get some help, so they don\'t have to go through same hell.
Columbus, I really thank you for posting your info. Can I ask you, if your 90 day period reached or whether you planned/plan to go after 90 days? What do you recommend if someone like me wants to go on 90th or 91st day to get interim EAD at local office, he/she would definitely get it. What all documents do we need to show? Can someone tell where is the local INS in Detroit and contact tel.ph.? Do we have to take appointment or just walk-ins anyday?
Sorry, I poured lot of questions here, but your gracious help is appreciated if you know anything exactly! Thanks in advance!

No Title

Rb2000,
Here are some old information I posted before: (very long)
EAD (Employment Authorizations Card)
------------------------
People in here continues asking " Can I file my First time EAD at San Jose, Houston, ...."
Here have one DIY for you. (DIY : DO IT YOURSELF)
Take sometime read the INS web pages first. Most time you can find the answer by yourself.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/statemap.htm
------------------------
Example (I copy from INS Web site)
Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals):
    File by mail or in person at the Charlotte Sub Office. You will
    receive an appointment letter with the date and time you
    are to appear. If you cannot appear when scheduled, return
    the appointment letter stating the reason you are unable to
    keep your appointment at the bottom of the letter, and mail
    it to the address below. TPS extensions and applications
    pending for permanent residence are filed at the Charlotte
    Sub Office. EAD cards are not issued on the same day.
    Processing time is approximately 90 days.

USINS Charlotte Sub Office
                                    210 E. Woodlawn Road,
                                    Building 6, Suite 138
                                    Charlotte, NC 28217

I think, Just think ,if it is your first time apply EAD, they may accept your application.

For everyone:

Check the INS website first, which can save you some time.
------------------------------------------------------
Why you did not apply at local INS ?
    You can get approved at same day if they accept your EAD application.
    (Some local INS do not accept the EAD application, Like SF .. )
"THE CHICAGE DO NOT ACCEPT THE FIRST TIME EAD APPLICATION"
St. Louis local INS office accept the first time EAD application.
--------------------------
At Indianapolis, they accept walking application for first time EAD & AP.
In my case, I get EAD at same day & AP only 3 working day.
---------------------------------
http://www.murthy.com/UDnewins.html
http://www.shusterman.com/hlmemo500.html

If a person obtained an EAD and then went to work for another company while waiting for the completion of her/his adjustment case, that action would effectively
terminate the H-1 or L-1 status of the beneficiary and she/he would have to file for advance parole to travel.
The H-1 or L-1 holder would not be able to renew the H-1 or L-1 status in this situation

The key point is "another company".
          > If you used you EAD working for another company, you will lost you H-1, L-1 status.
---------------------------
Local offices will accept an application for interim EAD if your application for EAD has been pending with the Service Center for more than 90 days.
---------------------------
For interim EAD:
1)Application form.
2)The Received Notice from Service Center.
3)You may want to print the local INS web site information which may have " If your EAD application already pending more than 90 days then you can apply interim EAD"