Interim EAD, what should I bring?

noordijn

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have infopass appointment and would like to know what should I bring in order I can get the temp Card? is it necessary to bring all the original documents? as they all with my ATTorney. Any other supporting documents? what kind of questions they usually ask? thank you for all infos!

You need to carry your receipt notice for EAD application original and rest i 140 copy, i 485 copy, original passport etc.

I wanted to ask you how long it takes to get an appointment ? I mean if I apply today, what is the approx wait time they tell? is it like couple of days or a week or so. This info will be helpfull to all who want to take an appointment. This will give us the idea of lead time needed to start making preparation for an appointment.
Many thanks.

u need to take copy of infopass receipt. photo identification. ead receipt i-797 original. i-485 receipt copy. they will check for the 90 days from the receipt date. then they see if there has been an rfe issued on it. if u have moved to a different city after applying for the ead and ur trying to get i-ead at the new location then they ask u for proof of new address.

mmdongare:

I don't think there is a wait time for most USCIS local offices. you can schedule an appoinment only until 14 days from the present date. Here are the instruction on getting an infopass appointment. You should be able to see the available dates at your local office. good luck.

1. https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

2. Click Make your appointment with INFOPASS

3. Enter Zip Code. Click Continue.

4. Select District Office radio button(e.g., Dallas District Office). Click Continue.

5. You get the following options:
a. You need an immigration form.

b. You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.

c. You need to replace your Alien Resident Card.

d. You have a question about your case.

e. You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

f. It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

g. You have received an approval letter or Form I-797 from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

6. In your case you need to select option f.

7. Please enter the following information to schedule an appointment:

First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Zip Code:
Telephone Number: ( ) -
Number of persons:
e-Mail Address:
Alien Number (A-number): A-
(You can find your A Number on your i-485 receipt or your previous EAD or ask your lawyer)
Receipt Number:

8. Click continue. Review information you just filled. You can change the information if you want. Click continue.

9. Select the date from the available dates given in a calendar format. Click continue.

10. Select time from list of available times. Click continue.

11. Review your appointment details. You can change date and time if you want. Click continue.

12. You will get an appointment letter with barcode. Print this page and go to USCIS on the schedule date and time.

HHK, I don't have the original I-765 receipt notice because my EAD renewal paper based was done by lawyer. Do you think if it is ok to carry the copy of I-765 receipt notice?

Pls. let me know.

HumHongeKamyaab said:
copy of the receipt should be alrite. u can ask the lawyer for the original.

Ok thanks for your response.

For InfoPass appointment, "Number of persons" , what do we need to select?
I need to take an InfoPass appointment for my wife and myself as well.
So, do i need to 2 different appointments for usor just take 1 appointment with select number of persons : 2 ?

Last edited by a moderator: