Interim EAD question

LongLongW

Registered Users (C)
:mad: My case number is 01-265-XXXXX.

I replied to my EAD renew on August and no approval. However my old EAD will expire next week.

EAD renew received date: 8/8/02
Notice date: 8/12/02

On which day can I go to San Jose INS to get interim EAD and how early should I go?

Thanks.

You should go on 91 th day after 8/8/02

Take water , sleeping bag, pad, jacket, book. Food availabe at a food truck at 5.30 AM. Better to go early before 3 AM rather than having ot wait most of the day inside INS.

It is possible that the card might not be issued to you the same day because of the newly instituted background checks (which may take up to 3 days). However, most people receive the card on the same day.

Did you apply yourself or with a lawyer?

I applied by myself. How big is the chance that INS issue me the card if I go earlier? If my EAD card expires and I still can not get the interim EAD, can I still work?

Go for interim EAD

on or after 11/12/02 . The probability for rejection are high if you went before that date. I heard though, that people were able to get interim EAD before 90 days in cases where it was necessary for them to be on a job.
You can not be on payroll with expired EAD.

Has anybody heard of anyone getting an interim EAD at the SFO INS district office before 90 days and if yes then how long does it take.EAD renewal RD was 08/29/02 and 90 days days are getting over on 11/27/02(thats what the lawyer said) and our EAD is expiring on 10/30/02 so can we go and get an interim EAD sometime next week.

TIA,
racs_12

Originally posted by Tasse
You should go on 91 th day after 8/8/02

Take water , sleeping bag, pad, jacket, book. Food availabe at a food truck at 5.30 AM. Better to go early before 3 AM rather than having ot wait most of the day inside INS.

What that written seriosly?
People start the waiting line 5 hours before INS office opens?

Originally posted by Orsa1
What that written seriosly?
People start the waiting line 5 hours before INS office opens?

I'm a very serious. What else did you expect?