Interim EAD Question

TNGuy

Registered Users (C)
Guys
I have 2 questions.
Can I go to any USCIS office to get Interim EAD? I live close to NY city, but prefer to go to Albany rather than going to Manhattan, to beat the crowd/traffic? Is there any jurisdiction limit what so ever?

What is the Interim EAD Issuance policy? Is it 90 days from the Notice date of I-140/485/765/131? I had an RFE on I-140 and replied also. Do I need to count 90 days from I-140 RFE replied date?
Appreciate your reply

Guys
I have 2 questions.
Can I go to any USCIS office to get Interim EAD? I live close to NY city, but prefer to go to Albany rather than going to Manhattan, to beat the crowd/traffic? Is there any jurisdiction limit what so ever?

I guess the one that is closest to your home address should be the probable INS that you need to go..

What is the Interim EAD Issuance policy? Is it 90 days from the Notice date of I-140/485/765/131? I had an RFE on I-140 and replied also. Do I need to count 90 days from I-140 RFE replied date?
Appreciate your reply

Its 90 days after the receipt date(including weekends).. But if you have a query on I140, normally they dont issue Interim EAD's as long as they feel that the query is being answered and the hold on your Interim EAD has been removed.

Even if it has an RFE, you are still bound for 90 days from the receipt date.

Hope its clear.

Want GC Soon :)

Want GC Soon
Thanks for the reply. My RFE is replied and USCIS web site is updated saying they received the answer to RFE. Do I still have an issue to get Interim EAD?

Sree
My RFE is on comapny ability to pay. I am not sure what all the attorney had sent to INS, but he was asking for my company's Federal and State tax returns and my W-2 and recent pay stubs

U will come to know the status of your 140(if it is too long after you replied the rfe), if you go for iead.
Is your H1 expiring???

Do you know how much time will it take (roughly) to hear the decision on I-140 after replying RFE? Mine is replied very recently

TN Guy,
I'm on the same boat - I140 RFE on ability to pay, EAD and AP on hold. RFE replied more than 1 month ago and still no update. I'll go for iEAD tomorrow as my TN is expiring. Will let you know how it goes...

Any suggestion from others how I can get iEAD?

chongyip
thanks for the reply . Which office are u going to? Please update when you get back.
thanks

Did anyone went to New York City USCIS

chongyip
All the best.
Did anyone went to New York City USCIS district office for Interim EAD? If so, can you please post your experience?

Unsuccessful

TN Guy,
No Luck :(
I waited for 6 hours, the officer very politely showed me some computer printouts which clearly state that all my applications are "ON HOLD" including 140/485/765/131. He told me local officers don't know anything about why applications are on hold and suggested me to fax inquiry for status check.
I knew this would happen because somebody from this forum told me CIS will not issue iEAD if I have a RFE for 140. However my attroney argues that local office will issue iEAD to me, that's why I went and tried.
When is your current visa expiring? I am facing a dilenma that I will be forced to stop working.....my current visa is expiring in July 22 and since it is a TN and I already showed intent to stay permanently, I won't be able to renew it....don't know what to do...
Are you on the same boat or you're on H1B?

chongyip
I am on H1B and my attorney says I can stay here as long as my I-140/I-485 is pending. But I want EAD, since my wife wants to work. One more question, did USCIS site updated about RFE reply, when you check your Case Status?

I forgot when they updated the status, but my last update was May3 saying that they received my RFE, then nothing else....
Why can't your wife get a H1B?

hi TNGuy,
One of my friend went to Alabany for IEAD, but they told him need to go to Newyork city.
He was palnned to go to Newyork city, on the same day he checked online status, came to know that it was approved.

Chongyip and TNguy,
It is better to extend your visa before it expires.
Once iam also in the same boat, after arguing with my employer i extended my visa. He did when i said iam going to pay from my pocket for attorney..
As much as u got H1, use it and be safe with no tensions