Interim EAD - Pls. help

NAND01

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone applied for interim EAD within 40 days of the original application?

WHich Service center did you go to for the same?

My EAD is expiring on Jan 26th and I have still not received my renewal. I applied ofr it on Nov 30th of 2001.

I have contacted the Congresswoman and the Senator. No response yet.

Appreicate your resposne.

EAD renewal

The best way to solve your problem is to wait till Jan 20th and see if your EAD is approved. Talk to your lawyer - take his help and go to the nearest service center that issues EAD the same day and apply a fresh one. Then the lawyer can send a formal request to TSC to cancel your pending application.

In San Antonio - no way.

They won\'t even look at it until it\'s 90 days minimum from RD - as a matter of fact we needed 2 managers to finally approve the issue of a temporary card after 140 days.

Is it acceptable to INS to apply for a new EAD when an existing application is pending?

AARYES,Thanks very much for the response. Is it legal to apply for a new EAD when an existing application is pending? Will INS create a problem since there is an existing pending application?

Also, we tried goign gettign an interim EAD at Charlotte. They said - no can do.

Thanks
Nand01

Talk to your lawyer

Are you self-petioning or going through a lawyer? If your lawyer can find a way he can definitely help you. Do not go alone to the service center. Take your lawyer or paralegal with you. Let them do the talking and do what they say. They may charge you for the extra time spent for you but it is worth it.