Interim EAD issue... - kuyil

kuyil

Registered Users (C)
Hi every body,
Thought this piece of info would be of interest to maggie,vine,apr-waiter etc...
my ead details-
rd- 15th march
nd- 23rd march
avm said approved on june 4th.
As i am in need of EAD card to prove my prospective employers that i am eligible to work without visa, thought would go to INS and try.
Went to westminister INS today morning. The lady there at INS denied to give the card. She said "Interim ead can be given only if its not approved within 90 days after the receipt date". In my case its approved and sent to the printer it seems. God only knows when will the printer print it and send it to me...
We requested many times and told our immediate need to for the card. No impact, she was very arrogant....

No Title

Oh, no... That\'s bad. :(

Damn INS!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Hoep you can get your actual card soon.

No Title

I too hope so...
Any way it would be better to hope for ead to NOT get approved if its nearing 90 days. atleast we can walkin and get the card. this is a big trap...

No Title

Some time back I saw a post on this stating that one of the person went to INS after approval and got the card as it was taking too much time for printing...so some places they are issueing the interim card.

Please try at some other center....you might get it.

-rkatta

No Title

Hi guys,

I got my EAD card from SFO INS after (muchhhhhhhh after i.e. 3.5 months)it was approved as per AVM (EAD applied in Sep 2000, Approved per AVM on Jan 19th, 2001, Recd card from INS SFO office on June 8th). The card I got, I believe is the normal card as it is valid from 6/8/01 (the day I got it) thru 12/29/01. The date of Dec 29 is because of my yearly cycle of EAD. This is my second EAD. The first one was from 12/29/99 thru 12/29/00.

Hope this helps.

No Title

same experience....

Went to the Sacramento local office...
They denied the EAD since it has already been approved. They can only take any action only after another 90 days.. (ie 90 days from the date of approval). The IIO were friendly and everything.. but said that there is nothing that they could do.. I guess its the law... should hit ppl who have made things so screwy...

This is (*&^#@!&^$%#@!%

Just have to wait for the stupid EAD card now... God only knows when it will come..

No Title

Some body mentioned that you will get 90 days to show the card after joining an employer...(if employer is ok, in the first place). Is this true?

No Title

But question is how many of them will believe your word....
what if u are some one out of status or illegal? i don\'t think many employers will take the risk of employing someone without proper documents and later end up in trouble....

No Title

it depends...if you are already working as a contractor at that employer..then it is possible. My wife is in similar scenario, her EAD got approved on 05/29;RD:03/29; No card yet. We will wait for two more weeks and try for Interim EAD at SJ, if not possible, then ask the employer to consider this scenario as they knew that EAD got approved but did not get the card, and will get very soon.

Let\'s see how it goes...I will update you guys in the comming weeks!!!

No Title

Hi Guys and girls,

I am working based on AVM (Yes, employee has 90 days to show).In fact I even changed job once in this conditon.
EAD is a one year benifit, if you lose 6 months just to get the card, that really sucks.
Bombard INS with feedbacks. If any body is denied, they can even sue INS, I am sure. Go ahead and fight

No Title

Good for u...
From my experience, when i spoke with a recruiter, he didn\'t know abt EAD concept at all. was very very sceptical from my explanations...
I told him I have the EAD, and he asked me to go an meet him with the card. if i again confuse him saying "no actually, i don\'t have the card, but its approved etc..." he won\'t believe me. So i left the opportunity....
May be in future i will find another one who knows abt EAD...(hope so)

No Title

Dear everyone:

Unfortunately my EAD application was approved on June,20,2001 per AVM in CSC. That means I have to wait 120-140 days to receive the actual card.:(

But I still want to have a try at San Jose INS office on July,10 if I can\'t get the card. My RD is April,10. ND is April,30.

Maggie

No Title

My EAD was approved on May 5th. No card yet. The AVM says it will take about 120 days to receive the card. Looking from the postings I think there is a very long wait queue ;-(

No Title

Joyboy, what is the message on AVM with your WAC#????

Did any body tried going for interim EAD after approval?

No Title

as I posted earlier AVM message for my EAD changed from 120 day crap to " This application is been approved and a receipt notice has been mailed....." I think I should get it in a day or two. I think that everybody whose EAD was approved and waiting for the card should be getting their cards in a week or two..

Hope this helps

RD 3/15
ND 4/5
EAD approved 5/14
AVM changed 6/19