Interim EAD Info Reqd

gcAwait

Registered Users (C)
I have filed for renewal EAD on 12 June 2003 - WAC-03-192-5XXXX. My previous EAD expired on 31 July 2003.

I am not sure that my renewal EAD will be approved before end of September seeing the backlog.

I need information regarding Interim EAD.
1. I have filed for renewal EAD in Los Angeles, but I am presently in NY. Can I go to the NY local office and get an Interim EAD ?

2. If I have to go to the LA office, then what are the documents that I need to carry with me ?

3. If any one has got an Interim EAD from LA, please write your experience.

Regards

Got my IEAD in LA on 8/6/03. Got there at 3:00am there was already more than 100 of people in line. According to the security guard it was a slow day. Monday and Friday are the worst day. Someone is there checking your papers and will tell you if you're in the right line or if you can just go back at 6am and go to a different line. She also will give you the form I-765 if you don't have one. Around 6am someone went around again and ask if you're there for work permit renewal and they will pull you out of the line and have you go to another line near the entrance which is shorter. I was inside the building at 7:00am finished at 10:15am with photos etc. Bring your I-140, I-765 receipt (original if you have it), and I-485 receipt (although they didn't ask me for that), Driver's license or ID.