Interim EAD in Newark

sbalajis

Registered Users (C)
Is Newark Issuing Interim EAD (90 days after filing EAD-re-newal)??
Please Let me know if any body got it recently.
Thanks.

per my lawyer the answer is yes. BTW, i received my ead card today when i get back home :) , was submitted mid october

Info

My wife's application is pending in TSC and already got my 485 approval from TSC.
We have changed our address from TX to NJ. ( AR-11)
Now my wife's EAD has expired and waiting for TSC to send the re-newel.
Can we go to NJ local INS office to get an interim EAD even though our service center is TX but present home address is NJ.
Any Help on this will be appreciated.
Thanks.

You can get interim EAD from your nearest local INS office. They don't ask many things. Just want EAD receipt notice and filled up I-765 form. That's it.

I got it from Norfolk local INS office last month. But your RD should more than 90 days.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.
So it doesn't matter if the pending application is in a different service center and the local address comes under different service center??

Interim EAD

Do we need to pay $120 to get interim EAD
Photos are required or not?

Thanks in advance for the help

No. They do not issue an Interim EAD.

This is my experience. I tried for an Interim EAD and they very clearly denied. I went to Newark INS office and they said since VSC office is processing it we will not issue an Interim EAD.

I found this to be totally contradictory to the rules published which talk about an issue of an Interim EAD if we do not get one in 90 days.

They are the GOD. We have to listen and bear what they say.
Unfortunatily.
I guess you can see frustration in my lines....

It's all depend on IIO. I went to Arlington INS office for interim EAD. The officer said we can't give you interim EAD since VSC is processing your case. I got RFE for EAD. But when i go to Norfolk office, they didn't ask any question.

My opinion is, take the publsihed rules with you, one from I-765 form and another from INS website. It's clearly mention there that one can get interim EAD if it is not approved/denied within 90 days.