Interim EAD (iEAD) experience at San Jose CSC

some some

Registered Users (C)
A few points to add to other experiences.
1. The location is the cross street of Monterey and Strauffers (Hope I spelt this correct). You will not be able to see the INS nameplate outside office at 5:00 am when its so dark. To further confuse you, the building has "Gold Gym" posters all over it!
2. Parking in the front is limited. You have to go to the parking in the back of the building (on Strauffers).
3. The IIO was rude gave me trouble for not having the original EAD receipt. Told her
   1. its with my lawyer
   2. I have a letter from my lawyer explaining evrything
   3. she can to talk to the lawyer if she wants to confirm.
After a lot of "Ahhhs" and "Ohhhhhhs" and "I don\'t have time for this", that dumb idiot agreed to give me the EAD.
4. Reached the office at 6:30 am. There were around 100 people ahead of me. I had my turn at 12:30 pm. Was out by 1:30 pm.
5. I read somewhere on the board that they have a lunch break. They did close all the counters at 12:00 noon but started calling again at 12:05 pm.
6. They DO NOT ALLOW ANY FOOD/DRINKS INSIDE. So, if you think u may have to wait until afternoon, make sure you eat well before u go in :)

No Title

Hi,
 What type of letter did you et from ur lawyer.\'coz even i got a copy from the lawyer.
Thanks.

No Title

the letter said that since my RD was more than 90 days ago, I should be given an EAD and talked about a specific rule (legal no) that allowed it. The key is to be persistent. They WILL eventually give it to u. take ur lawyer\'s tel no along.