Interim EAD from Arlington VA office

gcwaiter_74

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone apply for an Interim EAD at Arlington VA office? How long do we have to wait before we get an appointment at that office? Anyone who been in this boat, please share your experiences about Interim EAD.

Thanks,

Got an appointment for Mar '04

I went last week to get IEAD from Arlington and got an appointment only for Mar '04. If you go very early like 6:00 and wait it will be fast. I went around 7:00 and came out at 1:00 pm.

when was u'r Notice Date??

Hello :
i also went to the arligton office and they told me that i will have to wait for 90 days from my notice date and then come for appt
i did not know the appt wud be taking such a a long time.
i heard that Norfolk,VA is giving same day EAD.Can one go
to any office or does one have to esentially go to the closest office.Is there a concept of jurisdiction or something ??? because
after 90days finish if one has to wait for additional 60 days then it just does not seem to be fair ...i live in norther virginia so if i go to norfolk office do u think they will turn me down and say that i need to go to arlington office??

whenwhen

My ND for IEAD is 10/07/03. So I passed that 90days(in fact 110 days) limit when I went for IEAD. Yet, Arlington office gave me an interview appointment date that too for Mar '04. That's BCIS and especially arlington is THE WORST office.

morgan60,

Thanks for the info. What documents did you take there to get an appointment? Is the receipt notice enough or is anything else needed? Please let us know

gcwaiter_74

I took the following:
1. Present EAD
2. EAC receipt for EAD
3. EAC receipt for I-485
4. I-765(EAD) filled up application
5. Passport
6. 2 photographs

If you go for IEAD please post your experience. Thanks.

I have a question. Suppose the appointment date is 4th Mar'04 and the USCIS website shows an approval message for the original EAD on 3rd Mar'04, will they still issue the IEAD or ask us to wait for the original one since it is approved. Please reply thank you.

bdr,

I think if the EAD is already approved, IEad will not be issued. They will check the current status before they issue an IEAD