Interim EAD experience @ L.A... Not so good one

gc_lotto

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Today I went for my 3rd EAD (Interim) renewal at Los Angeles Field Office. I had got an infopass appointment at 8 AM. There was a queue for the 8 AM slot, even before I got there (7:15 AM).

Finally, I was called at around 9 AM, the IIO asked the following questions -

1. Why are you coming to LA field office, your case was filed in VSC? I answered that, my employer who filed my GC is in East coast.

2. Do you have attorney? Yes.

3. Can I see your current EAD and D.L. Showed Him both. My DL address wasn't current, he questioned that.

4. Your case can't be found in our system. Please wait and we will call you.

I waited for another 30 mins, and another IIO called my number. This time she said, "I am going to request your case to be transferred from VSC to Los Angeles in order to approve your EAD". She wrote some email (which she called ccmail) to get the case transferred.

She also told that, they have requested my case to be transferred to Los Angeles on January 16, 2004 ( the same month I had filed an address change and my online EAD application) and it hasn't yet been transferred and she doesn't know why.

Anyways, she gave me an appointment to come again tomorrow for EAD interview. I don't know how this story is going to develop. Its already 26 months since filing ( 8 months since 2nd FP), but no news yet.

Note: I have always been in California, ever since I filed for my GC. My sponsoring employer (whom I used to work for) was in East coast. I changed employer about an year back and joined a CA based company. I moved during Dec 2003 (within CA) and filed AR-11.

Any inputs, would be appreciated. I have heard people from VSC, getting Interim EAD from LA without issues. I don't know whats happenning in my case and I am a little anxious.

Thanks for reading this big one.

There is nothing special, I believe each individual is different so the person you happen to meet thought her way. May be if you would have ended up with an experienced person he/she would have given you iEAD and sent the request for your case transfer again.

If in this case if this was an experience person, and he/she asked you come next day, you should have questioned. why next day ? What is going to change in one day. So many theories can be put forward but nothing special.

GC_Lotto,

I think she lied to you. Because until you request the case transferred it's never transferred. You might want to call TIER II officer at the800# and clarify this situation.

Not to scare you anything, but the last thing you want is case transfer as i believe that CSC is taking much longer than VSC.

You have already waited so long and you have nothing to worry about. You had also file AR-11(i am little confused that who requested case transfer and why officer is telling you that). I am not sure why you didn't question that????

I think you should personally go to some Senator's office and explain your entire situation before they transfer the file, otherwise you'll be stuck waiting for too long.

TRY to convince them tomorrow in the interview that you don't want the case to be transferred.
They will say anything but you have right too!!!

TALK TO YOU LAWYER !!!! If he/she is of some help.

Sorry man, i was not too much of a help, i feel bad about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
We succeded there..!!

When we've been there last month, it was fruitfull. Ofcourse it was painfull to wait outside for long 6 hours.(did not know at that time - about the recent Infopass in L.A USCIS)

As PremChopra said, it all depeds on the IIO and our luck on that day. No procedures or theories work there.

Ours is at VSC and we have address on GC that is not in the covering area of L.A and DL the same w/ different address. We're even two days short of 90 days. No questions asked. My spouse got a 8 month valid iEAD. Oroginal one got approved the following week....thats another story though.

-Sanga.

Update

Today, I went for the interview/issuance of EAD card and to my surprise.. there was no interview at all.

They took my fingerprint, photo and issued a EAD card valid until 12/2004. Everything was done in 1 hour.

I guess, whoever handled my case yesterday, had no clue about interim EAD or other immigration stuff for that matter and scared me, saying that they had requested transfer of my case from VSC to CSC. I hope that it doesn't happen.

Sincere thanks to all the folks, who have replied to this thread and my other previous threads.