Interim EAD Card

Kan Hogan

Registered Users (C)
Could someone share with me his/her experience in getting an interim EAD card at INS office in Memphis, Tennessee? I mailed the EAD application at the beginning of September but no approval so far. I am thinking to get an interim card. Anyone has the experience with Memphis INS office? Thanks!

Interim EAD at Memphis

Could someone share with me his/her experience in getting an interim EAD card at INS office in Memphis, Tennessee? I mailed the EAD application at the beginning of September but no approval so far. I am thinking to get an interim card. Anyone has the experience with Memphis INS office? Thanks!

It is relatively simple

I almost got an interim EAD from Memphis. On the day I took the documents for my wife and I, they told me that my EAD had been approved by TSC and hence, they cannot grant me an interim EAD.

Submit a letter and a I 765 form, filled out. Also, attach a copy of the notice you received for EAD from TSC. As long as your ND is more than 3 months old they say they will give you an interim EAD.
Also, if you submit your form etc. this week (irrespective of which day of the week), you get your interim EAD card on Monday of the next week. I would say they are pretty customer friendly, based on my experiences there.

Good Luck
seebeekay

EAD extension

Hi guys:

Thanks for your postings. My present EAD is till Jan 2002. I applied for an extension in October - but yet to receive one. Can I also apply for an "interim EAD extension" just 2-3 days before the current EAD expiration? Even though I applied in October the ND is November (it took almost 20 days to get a ND from RD). So I won\'t complete the 90 day requirement for the interim EAD\'s? Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks.

EAD

It depends which local office you go to. In Memphis, you can pick it up next Monday regardless of which weekday you apply. If next Monday is holiday, it will be the Monday after next.

EAD Extension

Hi:
I am not sure which INS office you would be applying for interim EAD but if they have a consistent policy they would count 90 days from the date of ND and not RD.

seebeekay