interim EAD card in San Jose office

maggie99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I\'m living in Cupertino. My EAD was approved on June,20.(RD: April,10). I\'m thinking about to get an interim EAD card in San Jose local office next week. Am I in the right place? Is it San Jose or San Francisco?
Is it possible to be rejected because of the approval message in AVM?

Please comment. Thank you.

Maggie

No Title

Can you get an interim EAD card, once the AVM says that it is approved?
I thought a temp. EAD card could be got only when it was over 90 days from the receipt date and the EAD was not approved.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

Hi maggi,

some people have been successful(from what i read in discussions posted) in getting interim EAD even after approval. No harm trying rt! if you are in need of it go ahead u\'v got nothing to lose. I\'m no expert !!

485gang

No Title

I got my EAD from SFO. In my case, the card I recd does not seem to be interim card. Here are the details-

Sep 2000 - RD / ND for 2nd EAD card (1st one from 12/29/99 to 12/29/00)
Jan 19, 2001 - AVM says approved; card ordered; you should get in 120 - 140 days
Jun 8, 2001 - Went to SFO office, got EAD card from 6/8/01 to 12/29/01.

It does not seem to be true that you can get EAD from local office if EAD was not approved. What seems to be the case is that if your app is NOT approved, you can get INTERIM EAD from local office. If your app is approved, you can get REGULAR EAD from local office (my case).

Thanks

No Title

Hi Maggie,

I am in the same boat. My EAD got approved(06/13/2001).
 Please post your experience.

Thx

No Title

If the AVM is saying that your case if approved, you should get Interim EAD from San Jose office free of cost. You need to stand in the queue atleast at 4AM.

However if the AVM is indicating that the "after approving the case, cards are ordered", you need to pay $100 to get interim EAD from San Jose.

My suggestion would be "wait till you get from CA Service center".

No Title

Thank a lot.Guys. I\'ll talk to our attorney to see what I should do.
But I do want to have a try. I\'ll post my experience if I go because I need it urgently.

Maggie

No Title

My EAD was approved on 5/23.
I got the card yesterday. I think INS is sending cards approvaed in May.

No Title

Yeah. I know. That means I have to wait one more month to get the card from INS.

Anyway, thank you for your information.

No Title

It depends on where your I-485 was filed. My lawyer filed mine at the CSC then I tried applying for EAD at San Jose. Ended up being turned down because my I-485 was not filed at the San Jose sub-office. Wasted 2 sleepless nights in line only to find out that I must mail my application.