Interim Ead at Newark and RFE

parshu

Registered Users (C)
hi All,

I got a RFE on my EAD(online status ). I am yet to get it.

I might have to go to Newark for Interim Ead.
Does getting RFE on EAD in any way affect the 90 day clock.

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks
Parshu

Details (All NSC center but I live in NJ)
-------
485 RD 09/03/2002
ND 09/13/2002

140 Approved 11/05/2002

EAD RD 05/21/2003 (First EAD)
RFE 07/17/2003

90 day clock stops once RFE has been issued. Also they will flag your case is on hold, so I don' think local office will issue interim EAD.
But anyway visit local office for interim EAD but don't tell them about RFE.

Thanks EDIson

I hope that they dont find that I got RFE. But I am sure they will check the status before they issue iEAD...

Looks like I have to go for a H-1 transfer. I will be laid -off next month(08/29/2003) and am supposed to continue at client through other company.

Do you know the process and Fee invloved just in case this new company wants me to do it myself and they are not ready to pay for the H-1 as I bragged initially that I dont need a H-1 Visa ..

Thanks again

Parshu

I feel it would be better to use EAD than H1B transfer due to cost involved. Filing fee for regular processing is around $1200 and for premium processing is around $2200 (Some companies are exempted to pay $1000 fee). Also Legal fees might be around $1000.

I am concerned about the Fee. But I am not able to think a way out. I have to continue to work at the Client. without EAD it is impossible to continue to work. I am confused man...I might not be able to explain the client or the consulting company as both are pure American companies.

Same Situation

I have the same situation as yours.

I received RFE for Photo's. I replied back, but nothing had happened and my 90 days period will end on next week.

I planned to goto Local Office (ATLANTA) with the Photo's and explain the situation. Anybody knows if this will work?

Thanks

Hi Kanna,

Can you post ur case details like RS,ND and was urs a concurrent case, and is your 140 approved.

Thanks

parshu

dont worry... most of the EAD queries I HAVE SEEN where only related to photos. So, wait and see the query paper or contact Attorney

I also got RFE for photo last year and went to local office and got IEAD without any problem. You definitely can get IEAD if it is over 90 days.

Hi Fikabir,

Thanks for the reply. My hopes are rekindled. I hope that the RFE is for fotos.(I do not know it. I just fowund out from online status that I got RFE).

Did they ask you if you got RFE or did they check that.

Thanks
Parshu

First I went to Washington DC office one day before 90 days, the IIO checked in his computer and said VSC is processing your case and didn't give IEAD. After two/three days I went to Norfolk office (another local BCIS office of VA) and they gave me IEAD withgout any question.

Yes, they will find your RFE but that is not a problem. Just go there after 90 days.

fikabir

I recd the RFE letter sent by BCIS.

1)It is for 140 Approval notice.
2) Photo ID. the wordings are exactly like this
"Photo ID: Your APplication is missing docmuents establishing Identity. Be advised that if you submit black and white photocopies that do not clearly show your facial features and biographical information your case may be denied. It is recommended that you submit a COLOR photocopy(ies) slightly enlarged or the Originals of the documents listed below.
A CURRENT photo identity document sucha as a PASSPORT SHOWING YOUR PICTURE AND NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH. Or a driver's liscence or another type of photo id issued by a govt agency with the same information and/or fingerprint. The IDENTITY document photocopy must 'CLEARLY SHOW' the facial features of the applicant and the biological information.

I took the photocopy of the page of the passport which has the foto and information and the page whihc contains the VISA and I-94 all in color and enlarged.
Also Drivers; license enlarged (both sides in one page) color
and I-140 approval copy.

IS THE ABOVE information enough or should I put all the pages of the passport.

PLEASE HELP!!

Parshu

Hi ALL,

My EAD says Approved ........online status.

Back ground:-
RD ND 05/21/2003
RFE 07/17/2003 (140 approval copy and Photo id)
RFE replied 07/24/2003 . Status changed on june 25th saying rcd by INS on 07/25/2003
Now it says Approved on 07/30/2003.

For RFE I sent..
140 approval copy,
Drivers's license color enlarged copy (enlarged 115%) at kinkos
Passport just ID page same color same as above
H-1 Visa Stamp Page. same as above

Mailed by me and not by lawyer.

Thanks all
Parshu