interim EAD at New Orleans - kaycekay, pls help!!!

stillwaiting88

Registered Users (C)
kaycekay or anyone who has the experience:

You mentioned in a post that you got interim EAD at New Orleans District Office. I have to go there to get mine too. Could you pls post more information?

1. On what day did you go (Monday, Tues, Wed, ....)?

2. You said it took two days, could you give more detailed information? The specific time and date?

3. Do they have any special rules / regulations in New Orleans office? such as, you can only go within certain days of your current EAD expiration?

Thank you very much if you can reply ASAP. My EAD will expire 12/17. And most importantly, it will take me 5 hours one-way to go to New Orleans. Appreciate!

hello

it is easy to obtain an interim at new orleans. after my ead expired, i went to aplly for an interim . they will call you back for the ead in about 3 to 7 days. they will take picture, etc.. you have to wait untill your ead expire. if you dont receive the ead from texas, you can come to new orleans. when you aplly it will take just about an hour, to fill up form etc.., when you come back at the appointed date , better to take off from work because it takes hours(i waited for 4 hours, i was there when they open, little after 7am). so , plan yourself .the funny thing was i got my ead from texas in just 3 days after i got the one from new orleans, but one never knows.
i hope this is going to help. good luck.

it does not matter what day you go. i think i went on a thursday and i got it on monday.you need to have all your documents with you: passport(just in case), louisiana id, the old EAD, the I-485(application for permanent resident), the receipt received from texas that proves you applied for EAD. make copies from i-485 and from your receipt notice, for the old ead just in case(they will retain it anyway)
Important : go only after your ead expire.When did you apply for second ead??????

i got an idea

maybe you can ask them if you can wait in the same day for your ead, because your live far from new orleans. just ask the question when you go at the counter(when you walk in , the counter straight ahead of you). another thing ; i checked my ead , i got it on tuesday.

byyyyyyyyyyyeeeee
i think that is enough infoo