Interim EAD at Atlanta...

kofi

Registered Users (C)
Guys anybody got interim EAD at Atlanta? Looking at the way TSC processing EADs, I wish anybody share his/her experience at local immigration office at ATL.
Thanks,

No Title

Me too. I applied for EAD renewal on 5/11 and still waiting for the card. I am planning to go to Atlanta Center to give it a try for an interim EAD...

No Title

CAK, same case with me. I applied on May 8th. Shall we meet or discuss off line?
GCHopes.

No Title

cak,
did u recieve the receipt notice for renewal EAD?
I agree with GChopes, If cak want we can mail offline to each other.
kofi

No Title

Can one apply for interim ead in any center? If I live in dfw area can I collect my interim ead from atlanta? Please clarify. Thanks

No Title

No receipt received for EAD. I guess we can only try for an interim EAD in Atlanta after 90 days, although I have not seen any successful example posted here...

No Title

Guys,

I got my interim EAD from Atlanta last Nov (after 30 days from the date of receipt of EAD Application with Texas Service Center). Do not assume 90 days rule, go in person and try it out.

Good Luck

HK

No Title

Colud you please tell me, what is the procedure to get interim EAD.
Pl. mention the list of documents, also.

No Title

Thats great HKHK, Please post did u tell them u applied at TSC or u files a new copy for EAD without telling the fact that U applied at TSC. Also, post u\'r experience and documents reqd.
Thanks

No Title

When I visited the Local INS office at Atlanta. I had carried the following documents
1)Original I 485 Receipt,
2) Original EAD Receipt

that I got from filing at Texas Service Center.

I then met the Immigration Officer and explained her about my pending EAD approval from TSC and requested
if possible to issue a Temporary EAD from Local INS.

The officer took a photocopy of TSC EAD receipt along with a freshly filled up EAD form by me (i had filled up the form exactly as my lawyer did on behalf of me.Thank god I had photocopied my lawyer\'s filing copy) . Then she went in to a
room (guess to verify my application, status etc) and came out and asked for my passport for verification purpose
and took my finger print+signature and photo and issued me the EAD card.

I did not pay $100 again.

when i enquired what i should be doing when i get my EAD card from TSC, she told me to use that when i receive it.

Good Luck guys.

No Title

Thanks alot HKHK, One more question if u would please.
Was it your 1st EAD or the 2nd one.
Thanks

No Title

Thanks HKHK.

How long did it take? (Half day etc.)

Sorry to ask you a stupid question but was the photo taken by officer or you had to carry one?

No Title

Everything got over in 1 hour. Ofcourse, INS personnel took the photo.
Let me know if you have any more questions. There is NO stupid question ( I was not going to work for 30 days !! I know the feeling as a family man).

No Title

Hi, everyone, I was struggling to get an EAD or interim EAD after filing for 100 days. Since I have wasted a whole day getting nothing at local office, I was looking forward to taking off in the next one or two weeks. But to my surprise, my employer gave me a notice saying I need to extend my H1B now so that I can still work. Tommorrow is my last day (H1B expires on 7/15/01), my employer will start process my H-1B extension so that I can continue to work. Earlier my employer refuse to authorized me to work based on my old I-765 receipt as suggested by my local INS in Jacksonville, FL. At the last moment, it seems I can work now. If it is this simple, why not everyone just extend their H1B\'s on the expiring date? I was just informed today. Maybe my employer just remembered I should extend my H1B.

No Title

Guys,
I am really frustrated.......I guess TX seem to forgot about the May fillings!!!! I guess there is no point in going to local INS without a reciept notice!!! Any suggestions?????
GCHopes