interim EAD after RFE

b_123

Registered Users (C)
EAD/AP expires on 08/05/04
EAD/AP renewal applied to VSC on 04/05/2004

LUD on 06/21 w/o any change in message
interim EAD denied on 07/09 :confused:
Actual RFE (photos) issued on 07/14 with RFE message
RFE replied and recd. by INS on 07/27 and LUD updated on 07/28 with regular RFE recd. .... message.
LUD updated again 07/29 without any change in message.
Went to Memphis INS office on 07/30 and after 2 hour wait,
Got interim EAD till 03/29/2005 :cool:

Later found LUD got updated for my and my wife's EAD/AP applications again on 07/30. I dont know what that means, anyway.

USCIS so inconsistent

Here is what I dont get: Some USCIS offices issue the iEAD with no problems after submitting the RFE, others dont. I dont think there is such an inconsistency anywhere else in America. :mad:

Appointment issued for IEAD

Kayzeeturk and others,
I had been to the local INS office to get my IEAD after the INS recvd by RFE response.Stood there at 3am and was the first one at the counter, the officer looked at all my documents, 485, 797 and the filled in 765 and they gave me an appointment to come next week for my IEAD. Its right you said, why some local offices issue and some dont. might be because of the information the RFE asks for.

No questions asked. But I have attached the RFE copy (for photos) and print of the updated website saying 'evidence is recd.' while submitting and the interim EAD application.

Thanx

did u actually attach the RFE copy when receiving your token initially or you waited for your number to be called and they said that u have an RFE and we cant help you and at that point, u gave the RFE copy and the printout.

Please assist.

My RFE is photos only and defn. would like to try in NY office. I dont know how tough they are here?

the reason for the rfe doesnt seem to matter that much. they either issue you an iead, or they just tell you you gotta wait another 90 days since the rfe is considered an action and iead is only issued after no action on your case in 90 days.

good luck in ny! they do process 350,000 people there every year :(

achawla - I have attached RFE copy along with the EAD application itself before the person asks for that. Anyway, they can get all these info (and may be more) from their system itself.

Strangly, the LUD got updayed again today without any change in message. 4 working days in a row !!! God knows whats happening here.

DC office

Chawla, I went to the Arlington office, VA. For getting tokens, I did not show any RFE copy. The guy checked on the computer, asked me only for my 797, 485, and 140.