interim EAD after getting RFE

xy41

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My receipt date for 485 and EAD is last Oct. Got RFE for EAD in Feb. INS received my reply to EAD in early March. Can I go to INS local office to apply for interim EAD? if Yes, what documents do I need to bring? I am in NJ.

Thanks very much!

From what I read on line (this site and other forum), your 90 day counter get reset if you receive a REF on EAD. So for you, it means your 90 counter start from Feb, you need wait until May to apply for I-EAD.

If I were you, I would try my luck at the local office if I really need an IEAD now. Maybe the officer is in a good mood that day.

As always, you should check with an attorney on issues like this. What I said above is my understanding of it, and it coule be wrong.

xy41,

my situation same as yours. EAD RD: Oct/21/2003. Received Photo RFE on March 5th. INS Received RFE Response on March 9th. no approval yet. when did u reply ur rfe

Hi.

The RFE is asking for a clearer copy of passport. I got REF in feb and mailed my response out at the end of feb. INS got my response on march 5th. still waiting. Do not know when I could get EAD and AP.

Same Situation

-RD for EAD - 10/03

-RFE for EAD some time in mid Jan for address proof.

-As EAD was expiring on 01/18 went to local INS to get interim EAD. Got interim EAD from 01/12 to 04/12.

-RFE response received - 02/03. No update from INS on the EAD application.

-Interim EAD expired 04/12, went to local INS again for extension
of interim EAD. Denied. Asked to wait on decision from VSC on original EAD application.

!!Trouble!!Legally cannot work!!

guys, hang in there,

My EAD got approved today after photo RFE.

RD: Oct/23/2003
RFE:March/5/2004
RFE Reeived by INS: March/09/2004
AD: 04/15/04

I don't think you can get IEAD until I140 is approved. That is what
I have been told when I went for IEAD. But If I were u I whoud have given a shot.