Interim EAD after 104 days

RGade

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to local BCIS office (hartford) to get my interim EAD (90 days have passed since my 3rd EAD renewal reciept date). They did not give me interim EAD instead they asked me to come back only after 104 days from the RD date to get interim EAD. When I asked the officer when did they started doing this (I know it was always 90 days from RD), she said it's been 104 days from EAD RD for a longtime.
This is very frustrating, they don't post this info anywhere. After driving all the way to the INS office, waiting since 6:30 am in line outside the INS building they tell me about this.

:rolleyes:

That's what my attorney says (90 days after EAD). I tried to argue with the lady at BCIS office that 90 days is the wait after EAD RD (atleast this is what posted on their web site). She is adamant and said she will only issue me an interim EAD after 104 days. This Sucks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's what my attorney says (90 days after EAD). I tried to argue with the lady at BCIS office that 90 days is the wait after EAD RD (atleast this is what posted on their web site). She is adamant and said she will only issue me an interim EAD after 104 days. This Sucks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Get a letter from your attorney stating the Section of the law which allows you to get IEAD after 90 days (my attorney did that for me). If the lady is still adamant, ask to speak to her supervisor.

Originally posted by dinnu
Get a letter from your attorney stating the Section of the law which allows you to get IEAD after 90 days (my attorney did that for me). If the lady is still adamant, ask to speak to her supervisor.

What LAW? It's not the law in any way.
Each district office has its own policy.

Best is to talk to her supervisor.