Interfilling works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

permperm

Registered Users (C)
NIW PD : Nov 02 (Non J-1) (I 140/I 485/ AP/EAD)
AD: Oct 03
Labor applied: Nov 03
Perm applied :July 05
Perm approved: Sept 05
Labor approved: Sept 05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thro backlob reduction center)
I 140 applied :Oct 05.
I 140 approved: Nov 06.
Recapture of old PD from 99 (yes I have approved labor from 99 too!!!!!) was requested with the I 140 however USCIS did not bother with such minor detail.
Applied for recature of old PD Nov 05
Recapture of old PD : approved Jan 06.
Sent letter of intent "Interfile": Feb 06.
No movement what-so-ever with the LUD!!!!
AILA laison enqury initiated Mar 06 1st week.
USCIS supervisor calls lawyer with minor details Mar 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(never heard of this before).
E-mail recieved today that "card order completed and card mailed today"!!!!!!!!!!!!! No message saying approval. (never heard of this before either).
Moral of the story is "Interfilling works at TSC".
Particular thanks to Hadron for all his contributions on this forum.
Thank you and god bless everyone.

permperm

interfiling

when u interfile usually have 485 filed through two different routes and one takes the one with an earlier PD.
my question is ,if one has NIW/EB2/approved 140/485 pending and on other hand have labor /approved 140 but can't file 485 or CP because of retrogresion , can u still interfile the NIW 485 with labor/140 process after three years of waiver and get green card earlier then five years.

interfiling

Congratulations ! Definitely gives me some hope of getting the GC faster than the 5 yrs anticipated

I am not familiar with the expression of 'interfiling'. Here are my 5 cents on what I know:

- if you have a pending I485 but 2 APPROVED I140s, you can transfer the I485 from one to the other while maintaining the older priority date (Yates memo 2000)
- not every processing center knows about this, NSC apparently has a practice of refusing to do the transfer (I know however someone who arm-wrestled them into doing it).
- there is no form or specified administrative process to do this. Your attorney writes a letter quoting the right memo and AAO decisions.