Interfiling 485 or re-submitting 485 after EB1A approved

Isee LUD after sending interlink request

I saw LUD change on saturday 3/24, for all of us and now 3/26 only me and my wife. Are they consider our relink request? we are due for the second FP as the first was done 15 months ago.
Hope something good will be waiting for us.

I saw LUD change on saturday 3/24, for all of us and now 3/26 only me and my wife. Are they consider our relink request? we are due for the second FP as the first was done 15 months ago.

Hi good_y,

probably you might get second FP and thats it GC will be knocking your door :)

good luck

I did not read through the entire thread, so I might be missing something in this issue..If the case is outside processing state, why not call the customer service and request a "status enquiry". You are most likely to get the reply in 30 days or so. They might reply back saying "name check not cleared" if that is the case.

The point I am trying to make is that requesting a status enquiry might be as good. people at Infopass most of the times have generic answers (not useful most of the times). However, if the forum suggests that Infopass is useful, go for it....

I filed my 485 by myself. I think your attorney will not charge you for this. Your I-485 rd has passed the announced processing date. Now you can make an appontiment to inquire you nc status by infopass.

Good_Y
Hopefully, your misery is over.. I did not have any LUD change which indicates that they are working just on your case...
Good luck man.....

Good_Y
Hopefully, your misery is over.. I did not have any LUD change which indicates that they are working just on your case...
Good luck man.....

ela6 and Madgu,
Thanks, I saw another LUD change in our 485, no message change. so I am not sure what is going on, will update.
Good luck to you people too.

Hi Guys, hope your requests were well taken by CIS. I have very little experience with one of my lawyer. He seems confident to deal with relink stuff. I assume most of them are within the organization known as AILA, which might serve as a coordinator between lawyers and CIS and help in getting things done. It is a matter of prepaid $500. It may be a good spending.
Just one opinion.

Hi there,
I have a second lawyer whose only job is to get it relinked. I have paid $2000 for this. I hired him last week.
He CLAIMED that he could do it. But, did NOT tell me anything specific as to how he is going to get it done. The key is in getting in touch with someone in the Center...

I am not sure if this lawyer just wanted my money and so just made a false claim.. Time has to tell..

By the way, did you lawyer tell you anything specific (you don't have to disclose it here). I am just trying to compare the too. Mine did NOT give anything specific (for example, claiming that will call so and so, etc).

I share the philosophy, just cut out the check and hope for the best.. What else can we do??

Hi Guys, hope your requests were well taken by CIS. I have very little experience with one of my lawyer. He seems confident to deal with relink stuff. I assume most of them are within the organization known as AILA, which might serve as a coordinator between lawyers and CIS and help in getting things done. It is a matter of prepaid $500. It may be a good spending.
Just one opinion.

Hi there,
I have a second lawyer whose only job is to get it relinked. I have paid $2000 for this. I hired him last week.
He CLAIMED that he could do it. But, did NOT tell me anything specific as to how he is going to get it done. The key is in getting in touch with someone in the Center...

I am not sure if this lawyer just wanted my money and so just made a false claim.. Time has to tell..

By the way, did you lawyer tell you anything specific (you don't have to disclose it here). I am just trying to compare the too. Mine did NOT give anything specific (for example, claiming that will call so and so, etc).

I share the philosophy, just cut out the check and hope for the best.. What else can we do??

Are you serious? $2000 for just relinking process ?????? oh no man!

Hi there,

I dont think attorneys have any other tool except initiating an enquiry thro AILA LIASON.
All other talk is bullshit.

Hi there,

I think $2000 is too much for a relink, afterall the attorneys cannot do anything other than put an enquiry, which you can do by calling them and if your case is pending for more than 180 days, and they are suppose to give you a reply in 45 days.

good_Y,
I agree with you... He CLAIMED that he will make some phone calls!! This is where I am not sure, if he could really do....If he does, it is great... If he does not, I guess I am minus 200 of my hard earned money....
I think $2000 is too much for a relink, afterall the attorneys cannot do anything other than put an enquiry, which you can do by calling them and if your case is pending for more than 180 days, and they are suppose to give you a reply in 45 days.

Hi there,

what man, who is taking $2000/ just to know the status of your NC. looks like that person is conducting NC @USCIS!! if not, this is too much man. what is the name of that attorney. may be we all should hire him.

The price of $2000 sounds unreasonable. I would suggest to split the payment and hold at least half amount till you get the card if it is not late to do so. Actually my lawyer said he did succeed with relink in the past. But who knows the success rate. I'll think about it again after knowing the status of my NC.
Good luck to guys in this boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your lawyer say how long it took him? By the way, I tried telling the lawyer that I will pay him $1000 now and balance later. He refused..He was saying "what is there, it is almost done..".
I did not want to start off with a wrong foot.. so I sacrificed.......
The price of $2000 sounds unreasonable. I would suggest to split the payment and hold at least half amount till you get the card if it is not late to do so. Actually my lawyer said he did succeed with relink in the past. But who knows the success rate. I'll think about it again after knowing the status of my NC.
Good luck to guys in this boat.

We have not gone that far. But I'll keep that question in mind in the future when I contact him again. I know it is very tough to negotiate with lawyer.
Wish you best luck with your lawyer.

oh no

I thought the relinking was pretty straight forward. Dumb me! Should have realized that I am dealing with USCIS!!!

In my five years of experience with USCIS and reading in these forums, one thing I give them credit: they never had a glitch cashing our checks. Or did they?

My EB2 NIW I140 got stuck in retrogression because of Namecheck. Last week, we filed an EB1-OR PP and got an RFE within 5 days. I am not sure whether it is because of my lawyer or USCIS just churned out a routine RFE to delay adjudicating after taking my $1000 for PP. They are looking for more evidence for the permanent nature of my position.

Anyway, I guess I have battle relinking after addressing my RFE, while battling namecheck on another front. Well, life is a battle. American dream is on the verge of becoming an American nightmare!!!

Congrats donein2007 !

You wrore 'Ok on 3/20/07'. What do you mean by that? Did they reply to you that interfiling is complete or any other type of confirmation?

Thanks

I called TSC by POJ and the lady told me it is OK. They later even sent me a mail saying it is successful. To meet a nice IO is the key.
I only met one time. Others are very rude.