Interfiling 485 or re-submitting 485 after EB1A approved

I went to our local USCIS office and asked this situation. The officer discussed my case with her supervisor. And the supervisor called the TSC immigration supervisor. The answer is:

If the processing is in local office, they will handle it using EB1A priority date. But it is now in TSC, local office could process it and she suggest me to write a letter to TSC to state this situation. She also added if it is good to file another I-485 but the security check will need to re-start.

Bad news is that my name check is not finished though my wife's cleared.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

BY local office you did not mean INFOPASS, right?

Do they even entertain queries at Local Office. if yes, How do we make appointments there?

BY local office you did not mean INFOPASS, right?

By InfoPass, you go to local imm. office

Do they even entertain queries at Local Office. if yes, How do we make appointments there?

Yes. confusedby your question, you make apointment online at uscis.

I made two infopass to ask the interfiling. Here is the answer I got ( los angeles local INS office) :
1. Security check is based on A#
2. They don't have standard procedure to handle the interfiling
3. File a new I485 is what they what suggest but you need to use the same A# if you have one

Hi, guys

Today I got a confirmation from TSC officer that the interfiling I-485 is OK. She said that we did not need to file another I-485. My status is that I am stuck in security background check (FBI name check). As soon as the security check is clearedd, they will adjudicate our I-485s based on the newly approved I-140. Hope this is a good news for thos who are trying to interfiling the I-485.

Fanlaw also confirmed that interfiling I-485 is practised at TSC.

Good luck to everyone.

Hope we all quickly pass the security check.

using POJ tech, which you can search in this forum. It can reach you to a TSC officer. I am not sure if there is any trick to connect to a NSC officer.

Update with you. I sent interfiling request on 3/13/07.

Hi Donein2007,
I t is nice to hear that your interfile request was accepted.
what are the documents you sent to TSC, and can you give the address you submitted the appalication. VSC has now transferred my 485 to TSC. So I am also trying for the interlink, as my name check was cleared almost an year ago.
Thanks
good_y

Hi Donein2007,
I t is nice to hear that your interfile request was accepted.
what are the documents you sent to TSC, and can you give the address you submitted the appalication. VSC has now transferred my 485 to TSC. So I am also trying for the interlink, as my name check was cleared almost an year ago.
Thanks
good_y

How do you know good-y that your NC is over?

See this is exactly what I had suggested you guys few weeks back. It good you got the confirmation. Goodluck !

good_y,

It is sometimes confusing to contact CIS. Different people gave different opinions. Keep calling to TSC. You may meet a nice officer. I called two times. The first one is nice and she sadd the interfiling is Ok. The second one is rude and said that interfiling is not applicable and she did not let me call again until a month later.

documents:cover letter, EB1A approval letter, I-485 receipts and Pearson memo.

good_y,

It is sometimes confusing to contact CIS. Different people gave different opinions. Keep calling to TSC. You may meet a nice officer. I called two times. The first one is nice and she sadd the interfiling is Ok. The second one is rude and said that interfiling is not applicable and she did not let me call again until a month later.

documents:cover letter, EB1A approval letter, I-485 receipts and Pearson memo.

Thanks,donein2007

Hi there,
I have been trying to substitute one I140 with another. No success. Please make sure you really find a very good lawyer (really smart one - who knows what he is doing) and then seek his help. The things I learnt is first of all for the substitution to occur, all the files need to come to one place (where your 485 will be approved). It is NO easy task. You call USCIS toll free number, each time you will get a different response and be assured no one is going to anything about it.

Perhaps filing second 485 to the location where I140 is probably fastest. However, is it a "normal" procedure, I don't know. There has been contradicting opinnion in the forum. This is where your lawyer steps in and helps you with a strategy. If your lawyer is merely going to write a letter requesting the substitution, NOTHING is going to happen.

You will need to understand from your lawyer - the consequences of filing 2nd 485. I don't mean to discourage you. It is jjust the reality...
thanks
Ela
Dear fellow applicants,

I have a similiar situation as those in this forum: the EB2 I-140 approved and the I-485 was concurrently filed with EB2. Last week, my EB1A was approved. Because of retrogress for EB2, next step is to transfer 485 to the newly approved EB1A or re-file another 485?

I did research on this forum and called the USCIS twice. They all told me that I have to re-file I-485. In the first call, a man officer told me that the Micheal Peason's Memo is not appliable to my case since it requirs the I-485 was approved (very weird answer. as soon as the I485 was approved, is there any one looking for interfiling? ) In my second call, the lady told me that I have to withdraw my previous I-485 first then submit a new I-485. They could not upgrate the I-485.

Did you guys, newhope2005, ghong98, shokaido, madgu, ooooo,GCRookie, good_y etc have any update in this regard.

Thanks.

I agree. Interfiling depends on our luck and it can not be a routine way. Different officers have different opinion. If you tried interfiling request a few time and there is no confirmation or response. It may be the time to submit a second I-485 if you don't waste the time.

Relink and name check

Hi donein2007,

I did Schedule A 140 too (PD 1-11-06 with EB-2). It was approved in July 2006, and I filed 485 in Sept. Since Schedule A visa nr run out, I just filed EA 140 last week and will plan a relink once it is approved. My questions are: did you go PP with your EA 140?
When and how did you inquire your NC? I may like to try PP my new 140 if I my NC is clear.

Thanks a lot.

I'll stick to this board from now on. Should greatly appreciate guys could share infor and offer ideas and suggestions.

Thanks donein2007.
Early this month we went to local office (NH) to do fingerprint for my son & daughter (6 & 4 years old). Before going I asked my 485 lawyer about whether I could ask the local office about my NC status. He said it is not useful and offered to do that for me sometime in the future. Is it true? How did you deal with your lawyer in this matter? My concerning is whether lawyers will charge for this kind of service or not. It looks like my new 140 will be in NSC, which handle cases much slower than TSC. In this case, I'd like to switch to pp with NSC if my name check is clear. So I need to figure out the status of my NC.
Should appreciate any comments.

140 Received, Jan 11, 2006, EB-2 with Schedule A, Goup II, VSC, Tsf to NSC Apr 2006
AD, Jul 2006 at NSC

485 RD, Sept 11, 2006 (TSC)
FP (me & my wife), Spt 28, 2006
FP (my kids), Mar 9, 2007

2nd 140 EA received on Mar 20, 2007, probably by NSC (from the copy of cashed check)

I filed my 485 by myself. I think your attorney will not charge you for this. Your I-485 rd has passed the announced processing date. Now you can make an appontiment to inquire you nc status by infopass.

Sounds great! I'll write to my attorney to ask him to check my nc status. Let's see how that works.

------------------------
140 Received, Jan 11, 2006, EB-2 with Schedule A, Goup II, VSC, Tsf to NSC Apr 2006
AD, Jul 2006 at NSC

485 RD, Sept 11, 2006 (TSC)
FP (me & my wife), Spt 28, 2006
FP (my kids), Mar 9, 2007

2nd 140 EA received on Mar 20, 2007, at NSC (got the note today, 3-26-07)