Interesting...

We really dont know how can we comeout of this Massive NameCheck MESS
stuck in this one from 2006, 1st name check cleared in Nov 2005
2nd initiated in aug 2006 when i applied 2nd 485

We really dont know how can we comeout of this Massive NameCheck MESS
stuck in this one from 2006, 1st name check cleared in Nov 2005
2nd initiated in aug 2006 when i applied 2nd 485

So they are checking the 'crimes' committed by you between Nov 2005 to Aug 2006?

Hail USCIS ! Hail FBI !!

So they are checking the 'crimes' committed by you between Nov 2005 to Aug 2006?

Hail USCIS ! Hail FBI !!

Yes exactly right,
the crime i committed between Nov 2005 to Aug 2006 is staying legal in this country..ha..ha..
i applied my 485 in aug 2006 at that time they re-initiated NameCheck once again

hudakchullu

Here is my story
Last month when i talked to IO at TSC , she asked and confirmed my EAC number and told me that NC is clear and case is assigned to officer and can be approved any time ...
Last week one another IO at TSC asked my A# and then told me that my Name Check is pending .. she took almost 10 min for me over the phone..
Then i asked about my wife's NC. She again asked A# for my wife and told me that her NC is clear.
I am thinking of taking Infopass now.. may be that will help

hss_MD,

This will definitely give you comfort. Yesterday at Infopass I was told that my NC is pending.... she showed me the screen....... huh... I told her that I was informed my name check was cleared. So, she checked again... and said "actually there are 2 request for name check, one was cleared on 08/08/2007... so your FBI name check is done". I asked her, what about the other one ?.... She said, "It shouldn't be a problem, your name check is done... IO will know about it when they will work on your case".

Conclusion, these stupid reps look at the first screen and don't bother to take a good look at the case.

I hope this clarifies the issue of people getting different answers about FBI Name check.

Good Luck!

mangy,

Infopass helps.... some IO even show the screen for satisfaction. Diplomatically ask her/him to share it with you... Just for your peace of mind.

Good Luck!