Interesting statistic

Espritis

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

have you noticed at what time(exactly) did you receive your (approval, change of status, etc.) e-mails from CHRIS.

The e-mail telling me that CIS have sent me an RFI was sent at 7:01AM

The one saying " We received your response ...blah,blah,blah" was sent to me at 7:31PM

I mean it's kinda crazy...who in the world would be there to chage the status of my case at 7:00AM

What do u think?

E

Espritis said:
Hey guys,

have you noticed at what time(exactly) did you receive your (approval, change of status, etc.) e-mails from CHRIS.

The e-mail telling me that CIS have sent me an RFI was sent at 7:01AM

The one saying " We received your response ...blah,blah,blah" was sent to me at 7:31PM

I mean it's kinda crazy...who in the world would be there to chage the status of my case at 7:00AM

What do u think?

E

RFI/RFE are processed at the end of the day in the system. So the CRIS email is generated after hours and most likely few days after they have sent you the RFI/RFE.

The approval mail is usually the same day and if you log on to USCIS and "the system can't find the LIN#" that means good news is on your way.

Usually CRIS=RFE/RFI notice, USCIS-Case Status Info - Approval/Got your RFE.

wantmygcnow said:
RFI/RFE are processed at the end of the day in the system. So the CRIS email is generated after hours and most likely few days after they have sent you the RFI/RFE.

The approval mail is usually the same day and if you log on to USCIS and "the system can't find the LIN#" that means good news is on your way.

Usually CRIS=RFE/RFI notice, USCIS-Case Status Info - Approval/Got your RFE.

Thanks wantmygcnow,

that was very informative :)

E

Still waiting for the notice for BIO Code 2 or 3

Hi all,
Please help me to understand this situation: My I485 got approved on Sept 13, 2005. I received the notice of approval 5 days after that. Since then I have been waiting for the plastic card. Yesterday I called the USCIS and was told that the reason that my card is not yet processed was becuase they are still waiting for my biometrics. Then, I told them that my BIO code 1 was done in April before they approved me. The lady at USCIS told me that was not sufficient. Then I asked her what action should I take to get my BIO done. She told me that I need just to wait to get scheduled, meaning to received a notice for the scheduled BIO code 2 or 3, I don't know. Any one went thru this process. How long should them take to schedule me for the needed BIO that are holding the printing of the plastic GC? By the way, I got my I-485 approved from the asylee status. I have been waiting since 1999 to get approved in 2005. I know that I might sound impatient, but believe me I am. Anyone would give me more light on this situation. Thank you

mkub
- Asylum approval: Sept. 1998
- I-485 applied in Oct. 1999
- BIO code 1 done in April 2005
- I-485 approved: 09/13/2005
- LUD - 10/07/05 (this wa the last one after 3 consecutive days of LUD: 10/05/05, 10/06/05, then 10/07/05).

you are supposed to have bio code 3 before you get green card. because code 1 only take your fingerprint, they need your photo to make greencard.

mkub said:
Hi all,
Please help me to understand this situation: My I485 got approved on Sept 13, 2005. I received the notice of approval 5 days after that. Since then I have been waiting for the plastic card. Yesterday I called the USCIS and was told that the reason that my card is not yet processed was becuase they are still waiting for my biometrics. Then, I told them that my BIO code 1 was done in April before they approved me. The lady at USCIS told me that was not sufficient. Then I asked her what action should I take to get my BIO done. She told me that I need just to wait to get scheduled, meaning to received a notice for the scheduled BIO code 2 or 3, I don't know. Any one went thru this process. How long should them take to schedule me for the needed BIO that are holding the printing of the plastic GC? By the way, I got my I-485 approved from the asylee status. I have been waiting since 1999 to get approved in 2005. I know that I might sound impatient, but believe me I am. Anyone would give me more light on this situation. Thank you

mkub
- Asylum approval: Sept. 1998
- I-485 applied in Oct. 1999
- BIO code 1 done in April 2005
- I-485 approved: 09/13/2005
- LUD - 10/07/05 (this wa the last one after 3 consecutive days of LUD: 10/05/05, 10/06/05, then 10/07/05).

Make an infopass appointment(uscis.gov) and take your approval letter(I-797C) with you. Explain them and they will BIo you right there depending on your location or send you to a ASC for biometrics. DO IT ASAP.

wantmygcnow said:
Make an infopass appointment(uscis.gov) and take your approval letter(I-797C) with you. Explain them and they will BIo you right there depending on your location or send you to a ASC for biometrics. DO IT ASAP.
Hi Want:
I think you should consider an immigration lawyer career, maybe specialized on asylee adjustment, because you are so informative and know so much info :) :) :)

porkman said:
Hi Want:
I think you should consider an immigration lawyer career, maybe specialized on asylee adjustment, because you are so informative and know so much info :) :) :)

Porkman..I wish I can quit my Tech job and become a lawyer. Its definetly more easier. I am trying to do an upgrade for a Server and I wish I was a lawyer at this moment..I hate microsoft!!!

Advise on infopass... for BIO code 3

Wantmygcnow,
I really thank you very muich for your reply. But one more needed advise from you all: On my I-797C (notice for approval), it is mentioned that If bio are needed I should just wait for the USCIS to ntify me (..or something like that). Now if I do take that I-797C at my infopass appointment, don't you think that the immigration officer would kick me out instead of having mi BIO done. Please advise. It worth to try the infopass way but I would try it the right way. Waiting for your tips. Thanks.

mkub said:
Wantmygcnow,
I really thank you very muich for your reply. But one more needed advise from you all: On my I-797C (notice for approval), it is mentioned that If bio are needed I should just wait for the USCIS to ntify me (..or something like that). Now if I do take that I-797C at my infopass appointment, don't you think that the immigration officer would kick me out instead of having mi BIO done. Please advise. It worth to try the infopass way but I would try it the right way. Waiting for your tips. Thanks.

I think on infopass, there is an option that says you got a I-797c approval letter and you want passport stamping. You can go to the office and you can get your temp card, passport stamped...I think they still do that or they wont have that option...Try it....It wont hurt if you go to the appointment..maybe it will clear things up. Because USCIS is itself confused about their process. SOme people are being asked for BIO's before GC and some are asked after....

Thank you very much. I will definitely try and will inform you on the results, if these can help other people on that forum who might be in the same case. Thanks again.

Don't make no sense !!!!!!!

freemanmo said:
you are supposed to have bio code 3 before you get green card. because code 1 only take your fingerprint, they need your photo to make greencard.
What about code 2???? I had my code 2 on March,2005 & code 1 on October,2005. Why I'll need code 3. Cause if you go by FP code thing than code 1 is just your finger prints (10 fingers), code 2 they 'll take your pic,index print & electronic signature. I have finished both code 1 & code 2 this year. Do you think I have to go for code 3 now?? If that's the case there is nothing new that can be done on that code 3 deal. You know it's really very confusing at USCIS part about FP coding. Cause instead of sending one for 2/3 times for FP is simply waisting time. These are the reasons USCIS got all these back logs. Like in my case July I did my code 2 than October code 1.
It could be all done at the same time same day. I don't really get it.
Anyway my question is is it necessary for all applicants to go for code 3?????????? If you notice code 1 & 2 serves the same purpose of code 3.
Since I have done both 1/2 why I should wait for code 3??????? Any response??????

Atique, Code 3 is code 1 and Code 2. You will not get CODE 3. You arleady took your picture..Unless you grow a mustache and become someone they can't recognize, they will not ask you for CODE 3. Your FP expired as I told you one milionth of a time..thats why you got code 1. You are set!!!! Chill my friend.

"1 millionth of a time" hahaha.

Atique bro, the more you jump up and down, longer its going to take. Like "WANT" said, take a chill pill just like all of us and let it happen on its on. I can bet you were pretty calm until you came across this web site. (Dame!!! this site making normal people crazy) I know those 02 and 03 approvals driving you crazy but thats life. Just grab a drink and enjoy the Baseball world series for now. Thats what I have been doing for last few weeks. Your approval is on its way.

wantmygcnow said:
Porkman..I wish I can quit my Tech job and become a lawyer. Its definetly more easier. I am trying to do an upgrade for a Server and I wish I was a lawyer at this moment..I hate microsoft!!!
i can help you with hardware questions any time.....

wantmygcnow said:
Cleveland, Have you migrated a PVCS repository while the other one is still active on Windows 2003 server??
dude , i quite working with software developing two years+ ago, making for life with hardware now.somehow I'm sure i can help with hardware issue , at least i can try

Thanks !!!!!!!!

wantmygcnow said:
Atique, Code 3 is code 1 and Code 2. You will not get CODE 3. You arleady took your picture..Unless you grow a mustache and become someone they can't recognize, they will not ask you for CODE 3. Your FP expired as I told you one milionth of a time..thats why you got code 1. You are set!!!! Chill my friend.
Thanks my friend for your quick response. I sure appreciate it. As I mentioned in earlier postings USCIS process things in such a manner that there could be so many questions come across to our mind. I wish they w'd have done things simple not making things complicated. Like my suggestion is since they need our FP code 1 & code 2 in order to process a background check & GC production why they don't send notice to all applicants (especially for them with ND 2000/2001) for a code 3 at the same time???????? I know who cares about my suggestion but don't you just think by doing so USCIS could eliminate some time issues ????

Thanks !!!!!!!

Noman74 said:
"1 millionth of a time" hahaha.

Atique bro, the more you jump up and down, longer its going to take. Like "WANT" said, take a chill pill just like all of us and let it happen on its on. I can bet you were pretty calm until you came across this web site. (Dame!!! this site making normal people crazy) I know those 02 and 03 approvals driving you crazy but thats life. Just grab a drink and enjoy the Baseball world series for now. Thats what I have been doing for last few weeks. Your approval is on its way.
U are right my friend. Absolutely right. All this waiting driving me nuts. Especially others receiving their approval letters with the notice date of 2002/2003. That ain't fair >>>>>>>>>>>>

Finally got my plastic green card

To all,
I want just to inform you that yesterday Nov. 12, 2005 I finally received my green card. Here are the dates:
- Asylum approved in Sept. 1998
- I-485 filed in October 1999
- I-485 approved in September 2005 (almost 6 years of waiting period!)
- Biometrics code 2 passed on November 3rd 2005
- Plastic card received on Nov. 12, 2005.
NB: On the card the date field of Resident since: 09/13/2004. This means that it has been backdated for 1 year.
Thank you all for your support on this forum. I do feel relaxed now. But still another step to go: Citizenship application. Is there any shortcut for asylees like me who have been waiting for so long to get approved for the GC? Who knows. This forum is really plenty of information and it doesn't hurt to try.

Anyway, I encourage those who are not yet approved or received their GC to keep their faith and we will pray for them. Graet forum, great people. Thanks.