INTERESTING..... Can this happen ???

sibhra

Registered Users (C)
INTERESTING..... Can this happen ???

I applied for AP/EAD renewal thru attorney in February.

Today, I requested them to provide the receipt copies and was provided copies for AP only telling me that the EAD receipts are yet to come.

After looking at the AP receipts, I find they are from TEXAS service center with SRC #. Per Attorney, this has happened in some cases and its all fine and I will be able to get IEAD after 90 days from local INS. Can this happen ? Can I believe them ? Any one with similar experience ?

Thanks,
Sibhra
485, RD 2/15/02, ND 2/28/02 (WAC 02 122)
First AP : 5/5/02
First EAD : 7/5/02.

:confused:

I haven't heard this before. If you apply at CSC, you should get a WAC, and you cannot just walk into any office to get your iEAD, but only the office based on your local jurisdiction/mailing address/office.

.. unless this is a new INS trick.

Do you have any clue why you have SRC # instead of WAC# ?
Is your company HQ is in TX ?
Is your lawyer is in TX?
Are you in TX?

If any of the above question's reply is in YES then it might be possible. And if NOT then your lawyer is trying to make you fool.
There is no reason if your application was sent to CSC you will get SRC#.

And it wont be possible to get iEAD after 90 days from CSC local service center.
..unless (as SM said) this is a new INS trick to harass you.

Since it was renewal and if your 1st APs were from CSC then it seems your attorney screwed up and now trying to cover it up. Which city and state are you. You might want to give a call to TSC with your Alien number and find out.

maybe it happenned in some cases because your attorney sent those applications also to TSC!

call IIO TSC today instead of waiting 90days to find if you may get iEAD.

My 2c worth

Originally posted by mobiusme72
Hi
My 485 was filed in CA though I used to work in TX. When I filed for my EAD/AP extensions to CSC, they returned the EAD application saying that they do not accept that kind of application(no other reason) and asked us to file in TX. So my attorney filed in TSC and I got a SRC#. My attorney made a fax enquiry to find out more and also check if my 485 has also been moved to TX. The person who responded was surprised to see this and couldn't explain this special treatment for my EAD extn. Anyway, they said that everything is fine and I'll get my EAD from TX.

In the meanwhile, I moved to OH. Since I did not get anything in 90 days, I went to my local INS, gave them my SRC# and they gave me an Interim EAD. Funnily enough, the AP came through from CA without a hassle.
bye

My initial response was it's lawyer's mistake and after reading mobiusme72's experience I stand corrected: It seems it is possible that CSC may transfer or ask the applicant to file in different service center (AP/EAD) enven though the AOS is pending in CSC depending on where they are working/living right now.

PCee

Last edited by a moderator:
had a slightly similar situation

Hi

My 485 was filed in CA though I used to work in TX. When I filed for my EAD/AP extensions to CSC, they returned the EAD application saying that they do not accept that kind of application(no other reason) and asked us to file in TX. So my attorney filed in TSC and I got a SRC#. My attorney made a fax enquiry to find out more and also check if my 485 has also been moved to TX. The person who responded was surprised to see this and couldn't explain this special treatment for my EAD extn. Anyway, they said that everything is fine and I'll get my EAD from TX.

In the meanwhile, I moved to OH. Since I did not get anything in 90 days, I went to my local INS, gave them my SRC# and they gave me an Interim EAD. Funnily enough, the AP came through from CA without a hassle.

bye

More details ..

All,

Thanks for all the responses...
I am based in Arizona and my attorney is in Atlanta (comes under TSC).

But, I filed my 485 with CSC and also got the first AP and EAD from CSC.

I will be completing 90 days of filing EAD by May 10. Can I go for IEAD immediately after that though I have the first EAD valid upto July 5th ??

Thanks.
sibhra

sibhra,
Ask your attorney for EAD receipt or at least SRC/WAC# so that you can get iEAD if needed.
-PCee