Interesting about about INS delays

tatax

Registered Users (C)
Missouri Service Center Updates -04/23/02
The INS has instituted additional service-wide security measures which require a name check in the IBIS system. As a result of this new requirement, the MSC had to stop processing applications in order to install the necessary equipment and train their personnel. The MSC processing of cases were interrupted for a 21-30 day period. As of APRIL 15, 2002, the MSC is back up and operating in a normal manner. They have a backlog as a result of the shut down and going forward the processing times will be impacted due to the additional security clearance procedures required for each case.

sonofindia,

I think CSC will pretty soon start normal processing again. I don\'t expect it to last that long.

Hi tatax

I have heard of CSC/NSC/VSC/TSC but have not heard of Missouri Service centre

No I do not doubt this news but please explain what is Missouri Service centre and what does it process - are they referring to I-485 or I-140 or H1 or what cases which were backed up and are now being processed normally

Never heard of MSC - morpheous

Must be processing family based / other cases. employment based cases are supposedly processed only at vsc, csc, tsc, nsc.
:) morpheous

Just a Thought CSC May start processing with in a week or two

I did my finger Prints Done on 04/09/02
Usually they will be updated in AVM with in three days.Mine is not updated till now.And there are not many Approvals after Apr 10.
Based on these scenarios i think CSC is undergoing training on IBIS till the end of this month( it it takes three weeks for training).
We will see many approvals from begining of next month.

rsrgc

The Missouri is a local INS office where the interview/and other cases are transferred by the four main INS centers.
In the bayarea we have the San Francisco and San Jose centers.

soi

No Title

sonofindia,

I guess it is a bit more than "Local INS"! I guess it is a Service center dealing with family based cases. Here is another reference to Missouri Service Center from http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

b Updated 04/19/2002: Security Check for All Applications/Petitions
INS reports that the INS is undertaking security check and clearance for all the applications and petitions that they receive. Reportedly, setting up of the security clearance systems within the INS offices has caused some delays or backlogs, particularly Missouri Service Center. It is also not known how much such security clearance procedure will cause delay in processing of applications and petitions. Please stay tuned to this web site for additional information.

- PCee

MSC

The Missouri Center has recently been set up only for processing LIFE cases and those people who applied for I-485 using the recent extension of Sec. 245(i). It has no connection with any of the other four Service Centers. It is not a local INS center like SFA or San Jose.