Intent to deny Response not received by INS > 2 weeks

Velluri Surya

I received Intent to deny notice. My attorney responded on 8/8. It\'s more than two weeks ago and still INS didn\'t receive it. As the Intent to deny notice is time sensitive, I am really worried.

I spoke to an IIO and she said the application will be denied if they did not receive the response within 30 days.. i.e by 8/31.

What do you folks think I should do.. has this happened to anyone??

Thanks

Surya

No Title

Your attorney may have sent it using FEDEX OR EXPRESS MAIL. You attorney may have saved the tracking number and find the status using the tracking number. That way you have the record to answer INS that they have received it.

Secondly, double check with another IIO on Monday.

Good Luck.

No Title

I have an "intend to deny", and the deadline for reply is 30 days. I have some questions:

1. 30 days are calendar days or business days
2. I checked the INS message, but the message still did not say the documents have been received. Does anyone has the experience on the date had been pass the deadline but still got approval as the INS does not process or update the voice message as soon as they receiv documents. I send it out as overnight delivery.
3. Please share some experience with me. Thanks.

No Title

Find out if your FEDEX package was received. It\'s usually received by a Security person by name St. Francis at the VSC center. It could take 3 to 4 weeks before your package is re-routed to the appropriate desk through their mail distribution system. They supposedly receive more than 10000 packages in the mail everyday. If by the time your 30-day (plus another week) timeframe expires, you can be certain you\'ll receive a Denial notice with language that says you have no way of contesting the decision.

This happened to me twice, I had to jump thru hoops to re-open the case. So my suggestion is keep calling an IIO everyday and let them know that your package was received but the automated response system is not reflecting that. Feel free to tell them that the same thing happened to someone you know.

Good Luck!!!

No Title

I had the intent to deny the notice on 8/3. My lawyer replied on 8/17.Till today the message is not updated. I spoke to the IIO and she said they have recd some documentation on 8/24. She said it will take few months to decide on the case.

My notice was on student status. They were asking me to prove the status for my pre practical training. Please share your experiences also.

No Title

Hi intent_to_deny,

I too worked on a Pre-Practical Training permit and I guess will get somekind of intent_to_deny notice...(but long ways to go...since my
RD is in Nov\'99)

Would sending information related to this pre-practical training permit at this time, help in heading off the intent to deny notice? (there by saving some time)...or is it prudent to wait and let them send the notice?

When you say Pre-Practical training, is it related to some Pre-Practical Training permit you had? (based on Economic Hardship)

Thankyou!

No Title

I just called the VSC, and I was informed that the doc was received on 18th of Sept. The decision will be made in two weeks. Which center are you in?

The "intent to deny" letter asked me to show all the I-20s I had.

No Title

Christi, When did you send response to VSC? I also received "Intend to deny"
notice from VSC asking for all I-20 or $1,000. My lawyer responded last week
and the messge has not changed.

sbw

No Title

Srini123, My PD is 01/22/97 and RD 05/03/99. My I-485 was approved
on 08/11/00. It\'s my wife\'s that is in "intend to deny" status. I am the
primary applicant.

sbw

No Title

Hello sbw,
       Even I have Intent to deny on my wifes case she has never been illegal she has always been on h4.Please let me know your details.
My I485 was approved and stamped.
                                                           Thanks
                                                           GCLOVER

No Title

Gclover and Inspains: My wife has always been in status and my lawyer said she sent
my wife\'s I-20 in when filed I-485 in 05/99. Don\'t know why VSC asking for I-20s. Probably
they want to make an extra $1,000. BTW, did VSC tell you that you may pay $1,000
if you cannot provide the document that they ask for?

sbw

No Title

Hi Sbw,
        Thanks for the reply,in my wifes case they asked to prove legal status from 95-97.We sent her h4 stamp and I94.Hope for the best.
                                             Thanks

No Title

Gclover, Christi, Srini123, Inspains and others: just check VSC auto message
and it says that my wife\'s case was approved on 09/21/2000 (yesterday)!

As I mentioned, my lawyer sent all the I-20s in last Thursday (09/14/2000) in
response to the "intend to deny" notice.

I will post when we get approval notice!

Good Luck to Everyone!