Intent to deny I140 in acquistion situation

rp1234

Registered Users (C)
I was working for Company A that petitioned my LC. Before the I140 was applied, Company B acquired a division of Company A and I was part of that division. I joined company B subsequently and they filed for my I140. THe CSC has issued an intent to deny based on the fact that the company A still existed and was not fully acquired by Company B.
Has anyone had similar experince or know anything about such situation. Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

rp1234 said:
I was working for Company A that petitioned my LC. Before the I140 was applied, Company B acquired a division of Company A and I was part of that division. I joined company B subsequently and they filed for my I140. THe CSC has issued an intent to deny based on the fact that the company A still existed and was not fully acquired by Company B.
Has anyone had similar experince or know anything about such situation. Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Was the relevant supporting documentation submitted by Company B when your I-140 was filed saying that they acquired your division from Company A? This might be one area where you should look into.

Looks like since it was not a complete acquisition of assets of Company 'A', USCIS is not treating it as 'Successor in interest' case.

Or on the other hand, can your LC filing company ie., Company A file and support your I-140 based on their LC?? You could still be employed with Company B during this process and then use AC21 to change companies from A to B after your I-140 is approved and 485 is pending for more than 180 days. Consult with your lawyer and other gurus in these forums.

Keep us posted on the developments. Good Luck.

Any other comments from other forum members?

Intent to deny in partial acquistion situation

I tried to look for RajaYogi case but couldnt find too much detail on it. He is probably not checking this site. Does anyone know details about his case?

Thanks,

UN sent me an email saying that you need some help.

I have sent you a private message. Pls reply to it.

I got same issure

All the patent and software are acquired by the company A, but they didn't acquired our asset. I want to know that Can I continue my GC application by the company A? Your help will be appreciated. Thank you!

check your PM.

wenh888 said:
All the patent and software are acquired by the company A, but they didn't acquired our asset. I want to know that Can I continue my GC application by the company A? Your help will be appreciated. Thank you!