intent to denial notice

dasse

Registered Users (C)
issued 7/17/01
replied 8/7/01

talked to IIO today. she mentioned the mail room backlog problem. so the system does not show that they received the reply. She said it will take couple of months to process this type of case.

proof of status

they requested to prove that I wasn\'t out of status during my stay in US.
Also, they requested employmnet letter, 2000 tax return, EADs, H1B, copy of I-94.
I wasn\'t out of status and provided all I-20s and the above requested documents.

My details are
NIW/EB2
RD 6/26/00
ND 7/7/00
FP 11/00

I am little bit concerned and depressed.
Are you in the same situation?

No Title

Yes very much ....

I was also asked to provide proof that i had maintained legal status and entered the US legally. In addition they asked to send in employement letter, paystubs, fedearl tax reutns ,w2 and certified copies of all pages of passport in lieu of my birth ceritificate.

For showing that i maintained a legal stay in US i submitted
my H1-B approval notices (since i changed my company once) , visa stamping copies,latest I94 , receipt notice of 485 approval,copies of EAD cards and copies of AP.
I did not submit I20 document . What is a I20 document ????

I only sad part is that it has been over 60days since INS receive our request and i haven\'t anything.

Let keep each other posted.
Prince

No Title

It looks like you\'re in the almost exact same situation. But you have been waiting more than me. As I said before, my reply is still sitting in the mail room. And the AVM still says " We sent out intent to denial notice ...". Will the AVM updated "We received your additional documents ..." once my reply is pulled out from the mail room? How was your case?

I-20 is an admission document to foreign student that is need to maintain valid F-1/2 visa status. I was a student since 1992 - 2000. That\'s why they needed this I-20 to verify whether I have been maintaining the legal status in US.

I do not see any problems to prove my legal status in US. The only thing that I am concerned now is my paystub. I started my work with OPT EAD and now I have both EAD (under I-485) and H1B. But my employer did not take out Social Security and Medicare. In case of H1B, they should take out. But I am not sure about EAD case. Also I am not sure whether this is going to be an another problem to INS after proving of my legal status.

Do you have any idea?

No Title

I think you are fine. I don\'t think INS cares whether your employer deducts Medicare or SS Tax.

Actually my wife and me , both submitted our responses. However for my wife\'s case the AVM is updated and says that the response was received on july 11th 2001. But for me i still get the same old message.
I have spoken to IIO\'s on four different occasions.I get a different answer everytime. Once i was even told that there was a possibility that my response could be in my wife\'s file. She did not confirm this.
when i spoke last, the IIO said that they haven;t received my response yet. She asked me to mail my documents again. So on August 21st 2001 i send all my documents again. But even after that the AVM hasn\'t been updated nor we have been approved.

I don\'t know after Tuesday\'s events , how will our cases be processed?

There are few people who have send their RFE response 3months back and are still waiting...

Plz keep me posted about your case and any conversations with any IIO

thanxs
Prince

No Title

I really hope it does not create another problem.

You\'re situation is very annoying. sorry to hear that.

I will keep you posted when I run into something new. we\'re in the same row in the same boat.

Thanks.

question

forgive my ignorance but isn\'t it standard procedure that when one files I-485 he/she should provide all relevant information regarding status information?
did you guys not put in all the requested info ?

thanks

Yes, you\'re right.

But this is the typical way of INS working from my experience.
We have no control over this and just supply what they request.

No Title

dasse,

Are you checking the AVM regularly ? When was the last time you checked the AVM ?
I was wondering whether the AVM changed after you spoke to the IIO ?

AVM updated

After two times submissions to VSC for the additional documents,
Finally the AVM is changed today.
"Oct. 10th, we received your reply ... it normally takes 365-540 days... however, preliminary work is completed it will take 540 days". Obviously, their numbering concept was different than us.