Intend to Revoke

I485 Pending

Registered Users (C)
Intent to Revoke

After 2 years of I140 aproval. My Attorney had received Intent to Revoke from USCIS. Reason given....Ability to Pay/job offered not in permanent nature.Anybody had similar exp........Please suggest.

PD July'2002
I140 aproved in June'2003.
Intend to revoke.May'2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485Pending
you got intend to Revoke for your I-485 OR for I-140 ?

it might be mistake, If for I-140 ask your lawyer to contact to USCIS OR if for I-485 you can contact USCIS

Pl.let us know

Thanks
rb180

I485 Pending said:
After 2 years of I140 aproval. My Attorney had received Intent to Revoke from USCIS. Reason given....Ability to Pay/job offered not in permanent nature.Anybody had similar exp........Please suggest.

PD July'2002
I140 aproved in June'2003.
Intend to revoke.May'2005.
Did you invoke AC21? Are you working on a hourly contract. You need to get a letter from your current employer with a salary > listed in LC and send affidavit saying that this is a fulltime position.

Intent to revoke I140

Its for I-140. Yes we filled AC-21. Never worked for for the employer who sponsored.Now in a full time position.
In the intent to Revoke USCIS has only mentioned about the orignal sponsoring company.May be they have never linked/attached AC-21 file.
Any Idea what does the rule says? Do they still have to look for the orignal Sponsoring company's background?

Please suggest.

UN whats your view on self employment portability

maybe i asked this before, but the circumstances now are different.
as the uScis appears to have realized that delays and rfes cause lots of serious consequences and they are now allowing people to be self employed.

naturally, this is the chosen route for many. what do you think?

United Nation:
Should I interpret your comments that USCIS is okay if someone is self employed, after approval of I-140 and before adjudication of I-485 or only after adjudication? Is I099 a good proof of working in similar job?

Secondly, if USCIS is going to scrutinize I-140 all over again, then what is the fun in going through a process and approving I-140 in the first place. I can understand that only in exceptional cases, they may look at I-140 if some suspicions are there somewhat related to fraud or misrepresentation.

What is your take on the above?
Thanks
Dil

unitednations said:
If someone wants to be self employed then the more power to them. However, the original 140 employer has to show ability to pay. In the case in this thread, the company whose 140 got approved; uscis is coming back and saying that it shouldn't have been approved. therefore, invoking ac21 won't matter because the original 140 company has to show ability to pay.

I'm pretty sure I know which company this is. They just had another candidate whose 140 was approved december 2004, notice of intent to revoke february 05, responded march 05, denied may 05

Intent to Deny I 140

United Nation.......You think is there any chance of winning this case.
Can you suggest any good law firm who has handled such kind of case.

Thanks in advance.

unitednations said:
The original poster's company is infamous for filing labors in multiple jurisdictions for the same people. Then substituting, withdrawing/revoking if person leaves and using it for someone else. All of this is making USCIS adjudicators and systems go crazy. Due to all these reasons, uscis has gotten very strict with this.

Hi UN,
I would appreciate your input.

My old company had filed a labor in August 2001
New company acquired part of the Old company and applied for successor of interest.
New company said it withdrew the labor, and applied again in August 2002(this time from a different center).
Is there a way to find out whether this company lied to me and used the old labor for someone else.
I have an approved I-140 with the new labor. Does this prove that they did not lie to me? They said that they applied in EB2, but now I found on the copy of the I-140 receipt that it is EB3.
180 days have passed after applying for I-485., Can my employer do any damage to my application.
Is the H1 job and I-140 job categorizataion same.(for same or similiar for AC21)

With retrogression, I do not see any hope of getting an approval.
Is there a way that I can sue my employer if they lied to me.
Regards

UnitedNations,
Quote :
>>> If the company name is a three letter word, with the middle letter being "c", then there is no chance for approval<<<

I can think of some companies
i.e. PCS,TCS

I have Indian colleagues working for these companies, and I do feel sorry for
them that they are trapped with such companies.

Please do not misunderstand me.I hold all Indians and Indian companies in high esteem.However there are some rotton apples everywhere.

I am myself a chinese and work for a large (non-Indian) consulting co.

I would say my company is just slightly better..

regards
--D

*C* company, problem with company financial?

Does it mean that all earlier I-140 approvals of ALL Employees from this mentioned company - *C* would be revoked? Because of company financial or ability to pay? Does it mean that USCIS will look at who is from *C* company, whether his/her I-140 is approved then "revoke it"?

Also, If this is for California center for *C* company then whether USCIS will revoke all I-140's of all employees of *C* from other centers also - Vermont, Nebrasks, Texas? Is any link between all these centers?

If its so then its bit risky to work with such companies.

unitednations said:
Just realized from your posting that it may cause some more confusion/panic unnecessarily.

It is not any of those companies. It has been discussed on these boards. The affected people and they know who they are, are aware of the company, as they are all going through the difficulties right now.

I think it is ACE technologies

I think it is ACE technologies.They don't have office in USA.They will operate from India

unitednations said:
If i give an honest answer; it will scare the hell out of everyone.

UN,

If you strongly feel what you think is true, its better to bring it out to this forum. Atleast this would help future employees to be cautious and also it may save current employees to take a better decision, they can switch to a different employer if there is no hope at all.

UN,

Are you saying that USCIS(whatever SC) has already "audited" this *C* company, and no matter how the employee and lawyer try, all I-140 will get denied or I-485 will get revoked because the case is just from this company?

If we satisfy the following conditions, do you still think we don't have any chance because this company has been nailed down?

1. Owned LC; PD is almost current. So no need for financial of 2001-2004?
2. Salary >= PW or very close; send all paystubs since PD or W2
3. Has other bonus or extra income like extra hours. Previous years actual income > PW

I have plan B which is nothing to do with this company. So I am not that worried. But just want to see if the above conditions can overcome ATP issue and would not face revoking in the future. But not every victim can jump boat that easy like me. You may save a few at least.

Thanks, UN. I've been helped by you so much!!!

If centers are not linked, then other employees at diffrent centers are safe till End

UN,
quick question...

If ALL centers are not linked, then other employees (of this mentioned company) at diffrent service centers are safe till End 2006? OR...do you see any problems for ALL the employees of mentioned company, immaterial of linking service centers or any kind of internal memo between the centers will harm these employees?

I know that you are not LAWYER..!

Thanks in advance..!

unitednations said:
You would think that the service centers would all be linked and would have relevant information on a company/individual.

From reading various websites, initiatives, it seems that the service centers aren't connected. However, there is a big initiative underway to link all of them. I believe it is due to be completed by end of 2006.

When a lawyer or a CPA is working on a case, it is important that in your response you find the hidden meaning in the RFE but at the same time do not open a door that you think will hurt you.

Just to give you an example of opening a door; many people in nebraska have gotten an rfe on ability to pay in the last month. Many of those people have contacted me. Also, a lot of those companies don't have 2004 tax returns done yet which is what the rfe is asking for. it also asks for profit/loss and bank statements.

Now, I can come up with profit/loss numbers that will show ability to pay. However, i've seen enough denials where uscis didn't accept the un audited financial statements. If this were to happen, then i've opened the door of what the 2004 tax returns should look like when they are filed. if the tax returns don't look like it in the appeal then i've opened a door that i can't sufficiently close.

Now back on the topic. Some times it is detrimental when using arguments to use a double negative. What i mean by this is that if you say to uscis well you've approved all these ones so why don't you approve this one.

In this particular case, the california service center doesn't know or have access to cases filed/approved/beneficiaries of other 140's, labors filed in the past or other service centers. However, this is what the attorney did. That is, you have approved all these cases and then listed names and service centers going back a few years.

USCIS will be able to see that the substitute labors used for these people, that the original beneficiaries filed a 140 on another labor in their name at a different service center. That is the door has opened that multiple labors were approved in different jurisdictions for the same person. Also, when this door got opened then it closed the door of using the original labor beneficiary salary for ability to pay. The concept of doing this is that there was another temporary employee who was getting paid the labor wage but they left. If the current 140 beneficiary had been employed on priority date then the amounts paid to the original person could have been used to pay this person.

Also, by showing all the beneficiaries, amounts paid to them and the different service centers; uscis now has the information of what the true discrepancy is between proffered wage and amounts paid to the original people. Before the number could have been over $2 million per year but now if they add EVERYONE across all service centers, the number could now be $4 million per year.

It is very dangerous to use double negatives and give information that uscis didn't have.

I have finished the interview and waiting for my visa no beocz of retrogation what can be happen .

unitednations said:
USCIS will be able to see that the substitute labors used for these people, that the original beneficiaries filed a 140 on another labor in their name at a different service center. That is the door has opened that multiple labors were approved in different jurisdictions for the same person.

This is what confuses me. How can USCIS say that multiple labor was for same person. Or labor was substituted? Because labor is not employee specific. The knowledge of substitution is internal to the company (plus attorney). Company argument could be they indeed had multiple job positions with very same requirement in different jurisdictions.

Hello All,

I think we are mixing here too many things.

The original thread started by I485_Pending was S/he received "Intent to Revoke from USCIS. Reason given....Ability to Pay/job offered not in permanent nature...."

Later in the thread, S/he mentions that "Never worked for the employer who sponsored"

So the issue here is USCIS not linking AC-21. By all means if the mistake is on USCIS part, then I485_Pending cannot be impacted (just my opinion).

The later in the thread, everyone is trying to guess the company ACE or whatever and the unethical practice followed by such companies.

My guess is, if the mistake is from USCIS side (of approving more than ONE GC for the same labour), then employee must not be hold responsible for that. It is the employer who should be penalized. How on earth employee supposed to know whether the pre-approved labor S/he is getting is already used before or not.

Let's all focus our energy in how to deal with RFE's, etc. rather than guessing which company is black listed and all. May be another thread can be started where everyone can put their good/bad experiences about the companies they are working with. This may help others wanting to go Substitue labor route.

give_me_gc_yaar said:
I think we are mixing here too many things.

That's happen always (new to this forum?) :cool:

give_me_gc_yaar said:
The original thread started by I485_Pending was S/he received "Intent to Revoke from USCIS. Reason given....Ability to Pay/job offered not in permanent nature...."

Later in the thread, S/he mentions that "Never worked for the employer who sponsored"

So the issue here is USCIS not linking AC-21. By all means if the mistake is on USCIS part, then I485_Pending cannot be impacted (just my opinion).

AC-21 is not an issue here, but I-140 itself. AC-21 applies when there was a valid underlying I-140 from original sponsorer. But in this case, USCIS is concluding that the I-140 itself is invalid due to ability-to-pay issue. Therefore, the case did not go to the point of "linking AC-21". Ability-to-pay is an issue in I-140, where AC-21 is an issue in I-485.

unitednations said:
Of the 150 positions, company represented to DOL that 30 of those employees would be filling 60 positions. That is requesting multiple labors for the original person. Logically speaking from a labor point of view, how could the same person fill two different positions.

Why not. I think technically it's possible have two differrent LCs for same person, if indeed those positions are different and both are valid. A person can be qualified for two different prospective positions and company can file two different LCs for those positions in two different jurisdictions (in the respective geographic locations).
In the case of concerned company, I don't think multiple LC for same employee is an big issue. But I guess, this company filed LC is different jurisdictions expecting the person would be placed any of those locations in future (as they do mainly consulting kind of jobs and employees are placed in client sites). So, basically USCIS did not find anything illegal regarding this issue, but found a good smoking gun (which led to ability-to-pay issue).

Thanks UN for your response.
My I-140 is already approved. My I-485 is caught in retrogression.
I have completed more than 180days after applying for my I-485.

1. Is it possible that my company has used my earlier labor for some other employee without my knowledge, and then reapplied a second labor for me from a different center(attached to my I-140 and approved.). Of course, why would they do that?- to help some better employee to get a GC faster.

2. My labor has been approved from a different center, and I-140/485 applied a month apart, at a center different from the federal labor center. Is that a cause for concern?

3. I was not given the number of my labor application, does the company have to apply with the same annual salary that they paid at the time the labor application was submitted. If the company cannot file any amendments at a later date, I can always find out by my salary information and approximate application date and designation.

4. I am not getting any pay-hike for the past 4yrs, and I am seeing that many citizens and GC holders are getting promoted. Do companies have some kind of restriction in promoting GC applicants? None of the GC applicants in my company are promoted for the last 4yrs. I am not saying I am cream of the crop, but isn't it statistically impossible for such a condition to occur across the board. Is there a recourse?

I have some important and pertinent questions post I-140 approval:

1. If I become a Software Development manager from a Software Engineer in 4 yrs (from labor application to I-140 approval, Is a promotion considered a same/similiar job?), with added responsibilites and significantly more pay (the new Yates memo is discouraging on this!), will USCIS deny my I-485?

2. If I take up a new job with a startup (may not be having good balance sheets), in a same/similiar job(?) using AC-21 and EAD, will USCIS reopen my approved I-140 for ability to pay, and reject my 1-485.

3. If I take up a new job, can my old company use my approved labor (of the approved I-140) for some other employee? (I do not care, as long as I am safe, but I just wanted to know, for the sake of information).

Sorry UN, I am troubling you a lot, but I am sure many would have gone through similiar doubts. I hope I am not repeating myself, as I thought you might have mis-understood some of my earlier questions.
I might sound very pessimistic, but certain actions by my employer like withholding information and not telling my EB category, and application numbers are not helping either.

Thanks