INS-VSC\'s "Believe it or not !"

joinedisn

Registered Users (C)
I just saw an approval notice of my co-worker....Here are the details from the approval notice :

Type of Notice : Approval Notice for Adjustment of Status

RD : Feb 27, 2001 -------------- Guess this is the ND as it says RD on the approval notice
ND : August 3, 2001 -------- This is the actual approval date
EAC 01-113-5xxxx

Asked him about FP and he said that he did it 3 weeks back.

INS keeps on surprising us every now & then.

No Title

INS might have decided to treat country others people differently. Thats the only thing which i have got from this posting, If INS is little bit logical in approving the cases.

No Title

What\'s his ND??? What u have given is AD.
Please give accurate info. Hope u r not taking us for a ride.

No Title

I gave u exactly what is mentioned in his approval notice...have u ever looked at any approval notice..they say the notice type is approval notice and instead of saying approval date call it notice date.
Also the RD on the approval notice is the ND of the applicant. The only thing i don\'t know is his actual physical RD and he doesn\'t know that either.

No Title

He doesn\'t have a receipt notice.. his lawyer handles everything for him. Last friday when he told me about the approval i did not believe him and asked him for the approval notice. He got the approval notice and i posted all the details on it. He tried to reach his lawyer for his receipt notice and his paralegal told him he doesn\'t need it and they won\'t give it to him.

No Title

These might be cases of approvals of those who have ND is last week of Feb or March. As FP for these cases were held for some internal filing changes. Maybe they might approve those who are getting their FP done recently.

No Title

ma786, You are wrong. It is not a different treatment for the country: Others. It is rather a special treatment for UK. Check, you don\'t need a visa to visit US if you are a British citizen so I am not surprised they will also get special treatment when it comes to 485. Think, these are the forefathers of the Americans...Think...

No Title

My understanding was that once in 485 stage..country/category doesn\'t matter. The only thing that really matters is that your PD should be current.

No Title

I have noticed, when VSC moves forward to the next month, officers always pick up country OTHERS first, followed by India/China.

No Title

Wrong. British citizen\'s need visa if their stay exceeds 90 days.
To work in the US they still need an H1. As regards
preferential treatment, think of this. How many Brits make
their way to the US through rafts, boats, seeking "asylum",
fly to Beaunos Aires or Rio and then get smuggled into the US?
They would be least of the worries of the INS!!!!!

No Title

what gentrig might mean is - that when they take next pile of aaplications (that could be a month or set of months for that officer)...

Otherwise how would it explain that some in Jun/July getting now (without RFEs) and some of October too getting...