INS Screw up... EAD renewal.... Pl advice

akc_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am waiting for my I485 approval. I received a EAD till Dec 02. My lawyer put in a request for renewal of the EAD. I have received the renewed EAD, but instead of renewing it from Dec 02 for another year INS has renewed it from Oct 02 to Oct 03.

I guess INS screwed up.... what would you suggest... should I:
a) ignore it
b) call back INS and try to get it rectified.

Are there any future problems by ignoring it ?

Appreciate your advice/suggestions.

thanks

I certainly would not ignore it. You should contact them to sort it out. Some years ago my wife had applied for practical training after finishing graduate school. They sent the card with incorrect dates. We contacted them to rectify it and they gave us a hard time....basically they would not admit that they messed up. It cost my wife 3 months that could have worked on PT.

I too applied for EAD extension for my wife and they have put incorrect dates on EAD , resulting in a gap of 2 weeks between the two EADs. Since she is working based on EAD, I decided I should get it corrected and sent a letter for correction and waiting for reply.

Last year, INS forgot to put the last name on my AP. Based on my Attorney's advice, I sent for correction and got it back within 2 weeks. So I hope they correct their mistakes.

May be you can also send the copies of EAD with 2 photographs to get it corrected.

It is not a mistake

My 1st ead expired on 10/02/02. I applied for renewal and was called to local INS office on 08/23/02 and they gave me my new EAD card valid from 08/23/02 to 08/23/03. I asked the IIO and he said they cannot give EAD with a future Valididity date and that is how their system works. So stay cool and do not waste time calling INS
Hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

RamaHari... I think your statement may not be true, since my wife applied at the same time for renewal of her EAD and she has received her renewed EAD from Dec 02 - Dec 03.

-akc

....and you might have to pay the fees all over again to get a new card. So stay put!

I also want to point out that my second EAD approval came through (in early Aug'2002) 3 months before my first one was to expire (Nov'2002) and my new EAD is valid from the next day after the expiry date of the first EAD for a period of one year (Nov2002 to Nov'2003) not from Aug'2002 to Aug'2003. So here again is an example of the totally inconsistent way they apply the rules.:rolleyes: