INS not Renewing EAD

au1

Registered Users (C)
I just got a call from my autorney's office and they told me that today the Indiana INS off got a notice and they have stoped processing EAD card here and also at Nebraska INS office.
Is this true?
Anyone any idea what is going on?

Help...
Thanks

from immigration-law.com

Updated 11/20/2002: No Same Day EAD and Advance Parole

There are news all over today that the local INS District Offices stopped issuing EAD and Advance Parole same day. This news includes the INS District Office in Minnesota. AILA has reported that the INS HQ apparently sent out an unpublished memo to the field offices not to issue EAD and Advance Parole same day. Apparently, issuance of EAD and Advance Parole are conditioned upon security clearance. This change includes not only employment-based cases but also all other cases including family-based proceedings. People should learn to deal with the ever-toughening immigration proceedings and to plan ahead of time for everything from now on. Life gets to be stressful and difficult.

This information seems to be correct but I stil went to the local INS office myself and got the EAD, it took long but I got it.
If any one need to renew the EAD card renew it right now or you may not be able to renew it later.
Good luck.

please help

:confused:

My ead is expiring in 3 weeks.

I applied for EAD extension at Nebraska service center early this month. Got notice date of Nov 4th.

Can i go to local INS office get the EAD renewed after 2 weeks ? or should i have to wait 90 days to go to local office.

My HI is also expiring in 2 weeks. we are getting ready to apply for H1 extension. i have completed 5 years only..

Please reply

Thanks
igc

au1 please respond

Hi au1,

Did u apply for a new EAD ora Renewal?

In local office do they renew EAD?

which local office?

what date?

I renewed my EAD today at Indianapolis office.
I was scheduled to go to my Attorney's office tomorrow, but when they call an canceled my appointment and said INS have told them that they have stoped renewing EAD.
Then I decided to go to INS and file myself.
Officer did some checks on the computer and attached 4 or 5 pages of printout to my application.
After that I just have to wait for while but finally I got it.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated immigration-law.com

Just updated immigration-law.com

Updated 11/21/2002: Good News for EAD/AP Application in Minnesota INS District Office

* Unconfirmed sources indicate that despite our report yesterday that district offices ceased to process EAD/AP same day, the INS District Office in Minnesota will continue its prior practice of issuing the EAD the same day at least until January 3, 2003. More good news: the sources also indicate that it includes the employment-based EAD applications!!
* It is unclear exactly what transpired yesterday, but the sources indicate that the INS HQ reconsidered its decision and gave a go-ahead based on the theory that the approved EAD/AP can be easily revoked, should the INS find negative evidence. It thus appears that as of today, the INS district offices that used to issue EAD same day may continue to issue the EAD same day at least until January 3, 2003. People may want to contact their INS District Offices to learn the local practice in their jurisdiction as of today.

I don't see this topic being discussed in any of the other service center's discussion boards.
I guess us Nebraskans are the panicky lot... (or are we?)

Ead Just renewed

I think you are mis-guided. I just got my EAD renewed 2 weeks back.