INS Lost my AP renwal

pceefan

Registered Users (C)
Well guys, INS approved by AP renewal but it's lost either in the mail or some body at BCIS forgot to affix a stamp. (IT'S BEEN more than 3 weeks since the approval was posted online)

Any ideas on what are my options, my lawyer has already started the fax inquiry process etc..but i need the AP urgently to travel. Any ideas ?

3 weeks is not very abnormal. If you really really need to travel and have an urgent need, go to local INS office and cry .. it's known to work.

In my AP case it took 24 days to reecive approval notices after online status changed to apporoved.
Wait for more days, you will get them.

my wife's AP took about two months. although online case status sayit mailed out, the stamp in envelop was one month later. we contacted CSC by fax after 14 days. try to remind CSC in case that your AP is not mailed out.

AP lost in mail

Hi, This happened in my daughter's case also. We all got , but my daughter didn't get it. We didn't want to wait since we had a very short time and we didn't want to take a chance. Our lawyer gave a letter to the INS alongwith the copies of the "approval" message on the INS site, explaining the shortage of time. I stood in the queue at SFO (Not Laguna Niguel) alongwith my daughter and gave that to the INS officer and explained him the situation. He was kind enough to get us the AP and he said that he is doing this as a special case since all in the family had AP excepting one. Since then, I have not received the originally mailed AP yet, it's more than 2 months now. You may try this explaining the urgency to leave the country.. Good luck..

My AP lost too since Jan 03

I got my second AP approved in January. My lawyer has faxed INS/BCIS twice about it. Still no word.

tks everybody for your responses. I guess I will try the route souggested by getmegc63

tks again