INS looks like it is moving...

NCGUY

Registered Users (C)
based on the amount of approvals today, and the fact that this may represent only a fraction of the total applications/approvals, INS looks like it is starting to move.

It may also make sense to approve people already in the country so that the INS/DHS can make sure that everyone is here lawfully.

If the pace continues next week, then you may see that we start Jan 2002 approvals by the end of Feb 2003.

We will wait and see.....

I hope everyone is happy to see the approvals this week!!!!

Hi,

I dont think you will not see January-2002 receipt date approvals

any time before april-2003, beacuse when I spoke with immigration officer they said they are still working on July, to September-2001 backlogs cases. My case itsself Aug-9, 2001case is still with an officer.

-Raj

I agree that many cases exist...

Many old cases like the ones in Aug. INS must have a system to decide which cases should be processed because they are also approving oct, nov cases.

I am not sure why they do this, but in the past they have always approved cases ahead of the date posted under processing times.

INS also maintains cases before that date such as the one mentioned that is in Aug.

I wish someone would tell us the process that INS uses and how they decide which cases to approve and hold back. The must have some criteria...

Regardless, I hope that they speed it up cause I am a Jan case and I want to get out of this mess!