INS is working OK, problem from FBI name check

zli1014

Registered Users (C)
My second EAD got approved within three weeks, but nothing changed on the 485 sidde, not even the LUD. Per Infopass, my name check is pending from more than 20 months.

So i am very sure the probelm is from FBI name check. They received the request on 01/03/2003. I entered US with B1 visa and then converted to F1, does anybody else have the similiar experience?

Zli

FBI name check

Do you know any number from FBI that we could get the status of our name checks?

Do you know if the FBI name check is done after FP2 again?

zli1014 said:
My second EAD got approved within three weeks, but nothing changed on the 485 sidde, not even the LUD. Per Infopass, my name check is pending from more than 20 months.

So i am very sure the probelm is from FBI name check. They received the request on 01/03/2003. I entered US with B1 visa and then converted to F1, does anybody else have the similiar experience?

Zli

How did you get information from Infopass? I'm also stuck in namecheck since Jan 2003. Thanks.

zli1014 said:

Zli

Zli, How did you find out that your application was put on a name check ?

zli1014

could you let me know how long is it valid for your recent 2nd EAD? still one year?

FBI contact inf0

FBI fax number for name check inquery: 202-324-3367
I have not received my card yet, only get email from INS for my EAD.

zli1014

I applied for 2nd EAD on 6/21, still pending.
What do you mean by <Per Infopass, my name check is pending from more than 20 months.>

your 485 can get approved without any change in the LUD. My 485 got approved yesterday and my LUD never changed till it got approved.

zli1014 said:

Zli

Why this is ture only for Nebraska and not for California....dude did you notice that name check has no problem with California

Infopass

Go to USCIS web and make appointment with InfoPass, they will tell oyu what your case is going on
kjkool said:
zli1014

I applied for 2nd EAD on 6/21, still pending.
What do you mean by <Per Infopass, my name check is pending from more than 20 months.>

zli

zli1014 said:
Go to USCIS web and make appointment with InfoPass, they will tell oyu what your case is going on

Appointment for what ?
I created one anyway and it says InfoPass not available in my zipcode.

sinting said:
Appointment for what ?
I created one anyway and it says InfoPass not available in my zipcode.

well you can read on USCIS website what states are included and then can make an appointment. Folks correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is Infopass is nothing but a tool to make an appointment to see a customer rep at CIS field office.

I am not sure what they can tell except what they/we can see on the web....are they suppose to pull up our file and go through it and tell us whats wrong?

Not much, but a bit more

Yes, I am in Dallas now and there is an office around. They did poll over my file from the computer telling me they are waiting for my name check.

Kanadian said:
well you can read on USCIS website what states are included and then can make an appointment. Folks correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is Infopass is nothing but a tool to make an appointment to see a customer rep at CIS field office.

I am not sure what they can tell except what they/we can see on the web....are they suppose to pull up our file and go through it and tell us whats wrong?

zli1014 said:
Yes, I am in Dallas now and there is an office around. They did poll over my file from the computer telling me they are waiting for my name check.

Hi zli1014. Can anyone use this INFOPASS or is it only available for people whose case is transferred to local office. Please share details about how you could use it.

Thanks !!

Same thing for CSC

I am in CSC EB2 Pilot Program. My case could not be approval in 3 months because of name check pending. I send a fax on 07/29/2004 to request the status. Today I received the email that my name check is pending since 04/26/2004. I found lots of member from china had problem in name check.

jim24 said:
I am in CSC EB2 Pilot Program. My case could not be approval in 3 months because of name check pending. I send a fax on 07/29/2004 to request the status. Today I received the email that my name check is pending since 04/26/2004. I found lots of member from china had problem in name check.

Could you tell me when you did your FP (FP2 or FP1)? and if you did it earlier or not?
Thanks,

afshin63130 said:
Could you tell me when you did your FP (FP2 or FP1)? and if you did it earlier or not?
Thanks,

afshin63130:

I did early fp1 on 06/02/2004( appointment: 06/05/2004)