INS is updating the on line system

Gebre

Registered Users (C)
The INS is updating the on line system,does it mean they are following our cases or it doesn't have a meaning?

My case was updated 3 times :

1. It said 350 - 370 days ,when the time is due
2. it said 400-420 days ,when this is due
3. it said 420- 450 days when this is due
4. now it is saying 450- 480 days

Thanks

We already talked about this. The date is meaningless, ignore it and look over the INS webpage someone else already posted last summer.

If you filed within the last year or so, IT WILL TAKE YOU MORE THAN 10 YEARS TO GET YOUR APPROVAL. Keep checking the status system will not change that in any way.

Originally posted by Gebre
The INS is updating the on line system,does it mean they are following our cases or it doesn't have a meaning?

My case was updated 3 times :

1. It said 350 - 370 days ,when the time is due
2. it said 400-420 days ,when this is due
3. it said 420- 450 days when this is due
4. now it is saying 450- 480 days

Thanks

I think the proper message that they should give should be as follows:
If you filed your case in our office, make sure that you have yur mind checked. It usually takes us until the next century to process our case.

You cannot blame everything on them. As far as asylees go, they are working under the 10K quota mandated by law. Complaints relating to that delay should be directed to your lawmakers. The quotas will get changed eventually, I think.

Originally posted by canterbury
You cannot blame everything on them. As far as asylees go, they are working under the 10K quota mandated by law. Complaints relating to that delay should be directed to your lawmakers. The quotas will get changed eventually, I think.

I agree with you. Some people blame everything on INS without considering that they have been adjudicating what they are allowed to, except for those years when they worked less than 10,000 cases.
And, that was because the lack of resources to efficiently track how many cases were really filed at local INS offices prevented them from adjudicating the maximum allowed without violating the "first come, first serve" rule.
So, I do not think they are as "bad" as many people think. The real problem for us is the 10,000 quota and INS has nothing to do with that.
Not even sueing INS is going to help. Only lawmakers can change this.