INS Huntington, VA ?

NoVAguy

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone have to go for finger printing at INS Huntington, VA? Just wondering what metro stop I have to get off at to get there? Appreciate your reponse.

Hi ,
I got the finger print notice yesterday saying that i have to attend on 3TH April of this month. By the way i also have to attend the Huntington office. If you have already done fp's please let me know the details.

Hi,
First and foremost the INS Hungtington, VA is no longer located at the address on the notice. Was happy to see that it is just across the street from the Huntington metro station then to approach the door and see they have a notice posted on the door saying they have moved to another location. The new location is 8860 Richmond Highway. It is less than 15 miles away. All I can tell you is that it is about two blocks away from a complex that has a Wendy's at the front of it. Anyway the fingerprint process was nothing stressful. I urge you just to go early. When you arrive, the guard will ask you for your fingerprint notice and ID (passport/work permit). She will check it out to make sure it is you then she will give you a form to fill out and tell you to go into a waiting area to fill it out and give it to a lady sitting at a desk in the waiting area (the lady on that day was not pleasant, maybe you'll have a pleasant one when you go). Anyway after you fill it out, give it to the person at the desk who will then check it and check that the ID is you again. They will then give you a number and the form back. Sit and wait until your number is called. The finger printers were working pretty fast that day. I was out of there in about 10-15 minutes. Anyway they will take your finger prints, verify that all the prints were properly taken and then take the notice from you. The form you fill out will be your copy. That's it. Good luck.

novaguy,
Thanks for the valuable info. I had the 8850 richmond hwy address on the notice. Thanks for the real address. I am schduled to attend on April 30th. But I want to attend early. Is it possible to convince them to have my finger prints taken early. Did you attend on the schduled day or you attended earlier that the schduled date. Let me know.
Thank you.

The address you have is the correct address. I just remember it was 88 something. The address on my notice was North Kings Highway. I got my notice in early March, apparently they moved on April 1st, the day before I went to do my fingerprinting. As for going before the scheduled date, I've read other post on this and other forums where people went before. For some, it went ok. For others it pissed the people at the fingerprint center off. So up to you. I'm pretty sure they will ask you why you came before the scheduled date. Just make a good excuse up (you have to travel somewhere or attend some conference so you came early). Being creative always helps. Hope I answered your question. Peace.

NoVAguy,
I went to Huntington office to try for early fp's. I made an excuse and it worked. At first they the lady at the reception told me to come on April 30. Then i told her that i travelled 100 miles for this as i really did . She enquired with her superior and every thing went ok and they were ok to do early. Came out after
20 minutes. Thanks for your valuable info. Now did you find out from the FBI that they sent to INS?. Keep posting the latest info as i also will do.

Good for you. The status of my I-485 was updated about two days ago (5 days after fingerprints were done)...just saying results were received and processing resumed on my case..bla bla bla. You should see yours in a couple of days. That's about it for now. How comes you did fingerprints at Huntington and you are with Texas service center? Just wondering....

Originally posted by NoVAguy
Good for you. The status of my I-485 was updated about two days ago (5 days after fingerprints were done)...just saying results were received and processing resumed on my case..bla bla bla. You should see yours in a couple of days. That's about it for now. How comes you did fingerprints at Huntington and you are with Texas service center? Just wondering....

I got my ead card from the Texas service center last month. I do not know what has happened. Last week i got the finger print notices from the Vermont Service center(I came to know this based on the from address). Then I called my Attorney to find out if my case has been transferred to Vermont center. His answer was, Because i live in Virginia, I got my fp's from Vermont center and the Huntington office is the nearest one to my address.

He believes that my case might not have transferred. No body can tell if it is transferred or not . Time will tell in future. Texas issues finger prints very late but after finger prints it is fast mostly.

Ok. I just found it kinda odd, but these are things your attorney should know. It is strange he/she doesn't know if your case was transferred. It seems it was though since Vermont issued the finger print notice. Which state do you live in now? Rather than posting stuff in this thread just contact me via email at ffxblkmale@hotmail.com and let's keep each other posted with our case developments. Take care.