INS didn't send me 3rd FP notice??

khanhammad

Registered Users (C)
i have given my finger prints for the last 2 years as INS FP expires every 15 months. This time around i didn't get letter from INS to renew my finger prints?? Called the INS 800# and they couldn't tell anything. Anyone here had the same issue? :confused:

Are you from a retrogressed country? I was reading on a website that the INS will no longer request fingerprints unless they believe you will be approved before they expire (15 months).

Due to large backlog of I-485 filings, the center is working hard to minimize applicants having to appear for fingerprinting multiple times. The center schedules only those applications that can be processed within the 15-month validity period of the fingerprint clearance. At present all applicants who filed their applications prior to December 31, 2002 have been scheduled for fingerprinting. Applications filed after December 31, 2002 will be scheduled within the next few months.
Link

NN

I got my notice on Monday to do my 3rd FP, I went by the INS Office that afternoon and got my finger printing done. Anyone know how long it takes to clear finger printing? Does FBI do that check on FP?