INS case tracking is now Online

Caviar, can you clarify...

Indianadr,caviar & DRGR,

Thanks for your responses. I too was of the same opinion as DRGR and Indianadr are i.e. there are no matching records in the FBI and IBIS Database. This scenario sounds good to me.

But, caviar mentions that he has the same message and that his 485 is waiting for the background check. This is confusing.

Caviar, can you give more specific details about this.How did u know that background check is not completed?

Thanks

My lawyer called the CSC a couple of weeks ago. They told him that my case was pending awaiting for background check.

However when he called in August they told him that the background check was received and that it was not assigned yet. So who knows? Now I see this message via the web site. Anyway my lawyer faxed an inquiry yesterday, so I will know more soon I guess.

FP 12/14/01 since then no news.

Cool Stuff

This is really cool. This means no more busy tone for checking the case status. Thanks for sharing this info!!

I once paid $40/- to usvisanews.com to check my case status every week and notify me when approved. I was in India then waiting for H1. They took the money and missed my approval by a couple of weeks (by that time I was on my way to the US). I guess this service also helps those abroad who wait anxiously for closure.

good luck all waiters...

Non-ident

This means your fp record was not matched with what FBI has .. which could mean

a) You are not a bad boy .. or
b) You are really good @ fooling the FBI ..

take your pick

FBI FP records

Hello all,

I'm doing this posting for the first time, so pls bear with me.
Recently I'd called FBI about my FP thinking that my I485 delay might stem from FP process. But to my surprise, they told me that any FP sent in after 6 month will not show up in their records. Which led me to think that if for some reason that INS need more details (FP related) we probably have to be FP again.
This is only my opinion. If anyone have inputs, please advise.

Regards,

I guess they made it wide open for everyone to see the status of cases. Try other didgits then ur case and u will find plenty of applications. Seems some with some sapre time can write a counter and take out application status and info it will be wide open stats then.

RFE is not reflected

I have received RFE but the INS web site displays old status that FP results were received. Looks like this site is not the exact equivalent of AVM. Sigh, I will continue on calling INS.

- Dominik

Same for me for AP approval. AVM says, this case has been approval but online still showing the application recieved on so and so date.

Re: RFE is not reflected

Originally posted by dom
I have received RFE but the INS web site displays old status that FP results were received. Looks like this site is not the exact equivalent of AVM. Sigh, I will continue on calling INS.

- Dominik

Dominik, you did not explicitly state if your AVM message DOES reflects the RFE. Have you really checked the AVM?

Re: Re: RFE is not reflected

Originally posted by stain

Dominik, you did not explicitly state if your AVM message DOES reflects the RFE. Have you really checked the AVM?

Sorry for not being clear. My AVM says "RFE was issued on..." and the web site says "FP was received on..".

- Dominik

Re: Re: Re: RFE is not reflected

Originally posted by dom

Sorry for not being clear. My AVM says "RFE was issued on..." and the web site says "FP was received on..".

- Dominik

This really sucks, means that INS online and AVM use SEPARATE databases than can be not in sync (just like in your case) and we still have to check AVM periodically.

I checked the online status yesterday and today. Yesterday it said case approved but today it says card's ordered. I checked the AVM and it said the same too. I think they are in synch.

Thanks

It was working this morning, but this afternoon I keep getting "500 Servlet Exception":mad:

servlet exception

dvo, when it does that, copy paste the URL, close browser, restart browser, paste url again .. and poof. it works again