Inquiry

wendymacky

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus,
This question may sound odd to you but my conception is not clear abt it .That is the reason i am asking it . What is FBI name check?
Thanks
Wendy

FBI Name check details are here....

wendymacky said:
Dear Gurus,
This question may sound odd to you but my conception is not clear abt it .That is the reason i am asking it . What is FBI name check?
Thanks
Wendy
IBIS (Interagency Border Inspection Systems) and FBI name checks
IBIS checks provide USCIS with information on any wants and warrants as well as information on known terrorists. These checks are run before adjudicating any petition or application. In case of a “hit” in IBIS, the center checks with the agency that keyed in the original data before adjudicating the application or petition. Before adjudicating adjustment of status applications fingerprint checks are done. The fingerprint checks give criminal histories but not wants or warrants.
On the other hand the FBI name check indicates whether a person currently is or has ever been investigated by any of more than a dozen agencies. In case of a “hit” in a name check, the FBI does not tell USCIS what specific information has been found in the FBI database, and USCIS on the other hand must wait for the FBI to resolve the “hit”. If the name checks are returned with “no information,” USCIS periodically reviews the checks on a set schedule. If the record is listed as “pending”, District Offices are not authorized to follow up with the FBI, and they forward a list of these records to USCIS HQ, who then follows up with the FBI. These copies are not retained by the FBI on any check it runs, hence, every time a name check is needed, the foreign national has to go through the same process again.