Inquiry details received

npnjan02

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Some people asked me how I was able to request an inquiry on my case since it hasn't been 30 days after my ND, here's the details:

I called CIS, waited 30 min, talked to a person and made a request for case status. 4 weeks later the LUD changed for 2 days, and then the message changed to:
"On August 16, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." So great, I was expecting a letter with details on my case since I hadn't heard from them for 19 months (no LUD, no message changes).

Last night I got the letter and to my disappointment I read "We received notification that your address has changed..." and they attached AR-11 form for me to send out to DHS.

I mean how stupid is that??? :mad: I never changed my address! I was so pissed off! The online message did not say anything about new address, it said "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case". I never changed my address! :mad:

The only think here that might have cause a confusion is that I requested the inquiry response to be sent to my mailing address (different to my residence).

I have no words. :( It's a miracle that some people actually get approved and not have their records messed up. Good thing in my case is that my mailing address is a real address (my son's) and now I can pretend that I changed addresses. The letter also said that if I don't file the AR-11 immediately it will cause a delay. It's already being delayed because of the stupid mistake of someone taking the call.

There were insulting discussions here about some female reps taking calls. I'm not going to comment on the sex of the rep taking my call, but one thing for sure - - there are very incompetent, unqualified, incoherent and simply very dumb people working at CIS who only complicate things and don't even know that they do it. I mean my case was simple - no employer change, no address change, no RFE, FPs on time, EADs approved, no complications until now. Now who know where this is all going, and what are they waiting on.

At the end, I probably made the mistake of calling and especially giving them a new address. Well I did it because I had suspicion that my mail was being lost at the old address. In fact all my FP and EAD letter have been sent to my mailing address. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now your case doesn't come under BACKLOG. Your case has been touched on 8/17/04. You have to wait another 6 months to come under BACKLOG definition.

customer service

A quote from AILA april/04 newsletter at http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=9,594,5233
in re contractor run program for hiring customer service people at USCIS:
"USCIS' newly implemented toll-free number, the public's only available avenue to resolve government errors and problems, has been a failure in that regard, with immigrants and attorneys alike highly critical of the contractor-run program. Making matters worse, the fee increases will be used to fund a study on the effectiveness of the 1-800 number service - which we already know to be a failure - to pay for costs of court cases the Service has lost, and to fund support positions that previously were funded through direct Congressional appropriations"
Too bad that the increased fees went for that "project" instead of hiring effectively more adjudication officers to help our cases process faster.

I'm already discussing other possibilities with my family - - going back home for good! Since our case is a 245(i), it means we'll never be able to renter this country. I give it about 2 months.

Friend don't give up hope. I posted earlier message just to laugh at USCIS definition of BACKLOG.

Brij523 said:
Friend don't give up hope. I posted earlier message just to laugh at USCIS definition of BACKLOG.

Brij523, thanks for your concern, and no hard feelings!

aonflux, 245(i) is if you're with expired visa, but full time employed you're eligible to apply for green card, by paying a fine.

npnjan02 said:
The only think here that might have cause a confusion is that I requested the inquiry response to be sent to my mailing address (different to my residence).
Sorry to mention, this is your mistake. How do you know that the computer screen would have place for 2 addresses, one for mailing and one for residence. Even if they have 2 address places, how can you verify what the customer service has typed in what place. This is a black box.

I do not know for how long you have been following threads on this forum, One and only one thing one has to remember is
(1) Give only one address.
(2) Give the same address for the complete family.
Do not loose hope. Going back to home country in haste is not a solution.

npnjan02 said:
I mean my case was simple - no employer change, no address change, no RFE, FPs on time, EADs approved, no complications until now.

Since your case is a 245(i), its probably not that simple ??
Maybe that's what is holding up your processing.

Just a thought

peace_of_mind said:
Sorry to mention, this is your mistake. How do you know that the computer screen would have place for 2 addresses, one for mailing and one for residence. Even if they have 2 address places, how can you verify what the customer service has typed in what place. This is a black box.

I do not know for how long you have been following threads on this forum, One and only one thing one has to remember is
(1) Give only one address.
(2) Give the same address for the complete family.
Do not loose hope. Going back to home country in haste is not a solution.

Well I don't need to reason here, but what I call a mailing address is the address that they've had in file as my latest address for about 2 years. I believe they only use one address. It is the same address that I've been receiving FP notices and EADs. What I mean by "new" address is the address that differs from the one on the I-485 application, as the "address change doesn't change the address on any previous applications". But yes, I admit the confusion came from my action. I didn't expect that they will do an address change even if the "new" address is the same as the "old".

I still don't understand why the online message said they've responded to my request for more information.

max2k1 said:

That's right! I belive 245(i) cases are holding up the processing times, but most of the people with 245(i) (that I know), have had RFEs - 1,2 and/or then transfer to local. Not me, at least didn't know. I wanted to find out by the only way available - an inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai man, again, I say don't get worried. You will get approval. Just hang in there.
Also you understand better what is your situation. Don't get worried from anybody comment. Just take the positive comments and ignore the negative comment.

Ensoy (TM)

Why case under 245(i) not simple?

max2k1 said:

Just a thought

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you say 245(i) are not that simple ? Is "under 245(i)" reson for holding up ? I know couple cases , started process on or just before 31 March 2000 (They stared process with LC) and are approved few months before.

I know about 4 cases that got approved months ago (with later RD than mine), but they were all transferred to local office for an interview. The only difference with 245(i) cases are that you pay a fine, the rest of it is the same.