Inquires...

naggi

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Filed Date , 08/28/2003.
RFE: Replied April, 2005
Put an enquiry on the 10th of August, 2005 , was told that they are "actively" reviewing my case and that they will get back ASAP,
Called them again today (after 62 days), customer support put a second inquiry and asked me to call back in 30 days...

They employ pretty nice bureaucratic techniques...

Frustrated

naggi,

Are you EB3 or EB2? I am EB3- MY I-485 RD IS 03/13/03!!! I am frustrated beyond words. Most people from my time frame have been approved. I replied to an RFE in July. My Biometrics were done in May...yet no word of approval:(
:confused: :mad: :(
I opened an inquiry on October 3rd...lets see what happens. Please keep posted.

Allow extra time

My case: EB2 (Neb), 485 RD: 02/04, 140: Approved: 06/05

Put in an inquiry on 09/23. Here is the response:

"Due to pending caseload the processing time of your application/petition is taking longer. Allow extra time for an officeer to review your application. Your application/petition is awaiting review by an officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made."

Can I infer that my name check/FBI check is complete and that the file is waiting for a visa number to be available?

Thanks

Hi,
How can inquiry be created. With Customer Support or NSC directly.

Appreciate your help on this.

thanks,
shishe

My LUD states
"LIN XX XX XXXXX
This application is pending at this time. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

What a joke !!
To get to a cust support , you should first hear the recorded response for your LIN#
and then select options to speak
I think it was 1-2-6

My case: EB2 (Neb), 485 RD: 05/03, 140: Approved: 09/03

Put in an inquiry on 09/08. Here is the response:

"Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your I-485 and I-765 application/petition has been extended. Allow extra time for an Officer to review your application."

Local service center denied issual of Interim EAD because "485 is under review". No reasons given no matter whom you contact. So better make arrangements for continuing to work on H1.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you call the USCIS to get in touch with a Customer Service Rep ?

I have been calling the 1-800 number thats on the USCIS site, but after going through all the options, all I get is '...due to a technical difficulty, we are unable to process your request...'.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks !!

desi929,

when asked to choose option "1" if you know your case # and option "2" if you don't,.....choose "2". This will then prompt a message that says we can only help if you know your case # blah blah....and then start giving you options. At that point I think it is option "4"...listen carefully and then chose......you will be put on hold for 1/2 hour before you can speak to some one.

This is the reply I got from USCIS. What is the meaning of 'on hold'?
Are they not going to process my case?
the status of this service request is:

This I-485 is on hold as there are no Visas available from your country at this time. Back in July the Visa numbers regressed so we have to hold onto the I-485s until the State Department gives more Visas to your country.

Last edited by a moderator: