inmpact of driving citation on naturalization

None unless its DUI, reckless driving or other serious charge. Regular speeding and other traffic violations are ok.

true. unless its dui/reckless/unpaid or if the conviction resulted in jail time (or even a suspended or revoked licence) its unlikely to have any impact

immigrationcom said:
Thanks. Is passing a school bus without damage and not caught by police a reckless driving? ic

If the police did not catch how is that an offense?. Remember that saying, "Not a thief until caught"

phillydude said:
If the police did not catch how is that an offense?. Remember that saying, "Not a thief until caught"
phillydude: Thanks and I hope you are right. But the bus driver may report the offence. Is there any difference between caught by police or by driver? thanks.

immigrationcom,

You dont have to bother until cited or convited.IF you feel you must mention that you passed a school-bus and it is of relavance to your Citizenship then pls do as you wish. Otherwise, its a non issue.

PS: Pls give the kids a brake!!!!

well i have had 5 different kinds of traffic infraction tickets, such as speeding, following too closely + 1 negligent driving 2nd degree ticket (which is still a traffic infraction ticket, not like dui or reckless driving ticket)

but i got rejected to become the US citizen.

waapples said:
well i have had 5 different kinds of traffic infraction tickets, such as speeding, following too closely + 1 negligent driving 2nd degree ticket (which is still a traffic infraction ticket, not like dui or reckless driving ticket)

but i got rejected to become the US citizen.
Do you mind sharing your interview experience ? Did they give you any reason for rejection? Did they ask any proof from court regarding your traffic ticket record clearance ? Did you have any other issues besides Traffice violations ?
Thanks

So what about somebody who got a CARELESS DRIVING Citation but was dismissed in the court and changed to "0" penalty/Guilty with no fines. Actually court reimbursed me for the $25 I had to pay for the jury hearing request fee (Well I didn't see any jury anyway :).

Do you think it'd have any bad effects on my application.

Positive comments plzzzzzzzzzzzz :p

hi

I got reckless driving last year. Will there be any impact for my GC processing.
I had taken defense driving course. I am really worried about it now after I looked at it.
Can someone please let me know.

thanks
vir

vir_74 said:
I got reckless driving last year. Will there be any impact for my GC processing.
I had taken defense driving course. I am really worried about it now after I looked at it.
Can someone please let me know.

thanks
vir
vir_74: We are in the same boat. We may need to wait for 5 more years for the naturalization. Please check this link.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=153755

Last edited by a moderator: