Initiation, wait, frustrations, psychological breakdowns and relaxation

Bazirao Peshva

Dear friends,

I have been a regular visitor to this site for the last few years but never posted any message. This is my first ever(and probably last) message to this site. I think I should also share my story with you friends. I don’t think if I ever came across any case longer than or as frustrating as mine on this site.
My priority date was December 1995. Labor certification took almost 1 and ½ years while some guys got in 4 months. My I-140 was done in 2 weeks and I don’t remember when. I waited more than 2 years to get my priority date to be current. At last, we applied for I-485 in Dec’1998 with a different company name. INS objected with the name change and issued RFE for another I-140 while other guys of my company didn’t get this particular RFE. Any way, it was applied in April’ 2000, for which attorney took 2-3 months to apply. In first quarter of year 2001, they denied my I-485 as they never received the I-140 Redo package (took different route within INS), considering my application abandoned. But in May’2001, my I-140 Redo was approved which took exactly one year. In May’2001, we filed the motion to reopen the case and we gave finger printing again(old ones expired). Finally, this month we got approved, 7 months after filing the motion. I used 2 I-140s, 4 RFEs, 3 EADs and 2 times finger printing in this process. My attorney is very professional and I never found any mistake or problem with him.
Exactly 6 years (from Dec’1995 to Dec’2001) of waiting, frustration and all kinds of psychological breakdowns and faced all this silently but very relaxed now. I was certain about one thing that no attorney, senator or congressman can help me but god. So, I never tried to take help from anybody and faced the situation silently. My experience – Be strong and have faith in God.

Thanks for sharing ideas, pain, good advice and your experiences in this process.

Your friend

Congratulation!

I am happy for you! You are right that our fate help us to deal with different things, however, I disagree with taking things silently. The world and especially the INS are not so full of Godly people, so I think it is helpful to push them and fight for your future.

Congrats

You have gone a long way to get this.
Respect your patience,determination and will powert to get it.

Congrats man.

No Title

congrats.
looks like your lawyer made the difference(mot lawyers would have given up on your case)
care to name your lawyer

No Title

Enjoy your hard won permanent residency. It should have been really painful for the last 6 years. Now you can make up for last time.