Initial review ???

knavigator1

Registered Users (C)
After over a month of mailing in my n400 application and trying to track it online everyday and was unable to do so, this morning my case became available , but its saying "INITIAL REVIEW"?. After a month i was thinking that it would be a "RFE" by now,
Do you know how long after i should get a "RFE"
New york is really moving like a snail (slow), cant believe its taking over a month just to get a RFE/ FINGERPRINT notice.

By normal timeline, you should have got the fingerprinting notice by now. Keep watching and perhaps call
the USCIS CS line to speak to second level IO to make sure it is not lost in mail or something like that

The online case status system is badly flawed. I received my oath letter today and it still says "Testing and Interview" online. I agree that you should still follow up, but don't get too discouraged yet because the online system doesn't really work.

The online case status system is badly flawed. I received my oath letter today and it still says "Testing and Interview" online. I agree that you should still follow up, but don't get too discouraged yet because the online system doesn't really work.

Everyone's status stay teh same after interview so it comforts everyone. But in case of OP, others can quickly change to RFE (fingerprinting) but his case status does not change yet.

Online status is somewhat useful betwee filing and interview.

Yeah i know that according to normal timeline, i should have received finger print notice by now. i called and uscis agent said that it will take 2 to 3 months to get fingerprint????. (they just saying what ever comes to their minds, to get us off the phone as quickly as possible)
Its like they just found my file sitting some where catching dust .
New york is also a state with lots of immigrants, so i expect a little longer wait times for fingerprint , but almost a month after receiving NOA, thats a little extreme!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i know that according to normal timeline, i should have received finger print notice by now. i called and uscis agent said that it will take 2 to 3 months to get fingerprint????.

By USCIS agent do you mean customer service representatives or an immigration officer? don't be conmfused between two.
Youhave to talk with an immigration officers. It is embarassing but many simply tell lies to customer service representiave that they already waited 3 month ( the truth is only 3 weeks) so they can be transferted to an immigration officer

Yeah i know that according to normal timeline, i should have received finger print notice by now. i called and uscis agent said that it will take 2 to 3 months to get fingerprint????. (they just saying what ever comes to their minds, to get us off the phone as quickly as possible)
Its like they just found my file sitting some where catching dust .
New york is also a state with lots of immigrants, so i expect a little longer wait times for fingerprint , but almost a month after receiving NOA, thats a little extreme!!!!!

You were supposed to get a fingerprint notice already.It takes only three weeks.I'm from New york and I was naturalized in 2009 and it took me 4 months.A friend got it this year in 3 months.
Good luck.

When i call the 1800 number, i give them my information including receipt number, i was told to hold on and i was transfered to another agent, she asked for the same info . so i told her why i was calling and she said that it take 2 to 3 months to get fingerprint app and i must wait. i will just call back on monday and that would be a month since i got my NOA in the mail.

?????

I also leave in New York State (Upstate) and send my app the same day you did. I'll have my figerprint this wednesday 16, in the Bronx. Hope to have the interview, at least, by the begining of july. Good luck!

DOMINICAN
(1)When did you received your NOA?
(2)When did your case became trackable online/ when was RFE sent?
(3)when did you receive your fingerprint notice in the mail?

Thanks and goodluck to you as well,could you please create a signature with your timeline

When i call the 1800 number, i give them my information including receipt number, i was told to hold on and i was transfered to another agent, she asked for the same info . so i told her why i was calling and she said that it take 2 to 3 months to get fingerprint app and i must wait. i will just call back on monday and that would be a month since i got my NOA in the mail.

Are you sure your call was transferred to a real IO? Sometimes a CSR transfered the call to their supervisor who is still a customer service representative rather than an IO.

Hi
N400 sent 22nd January 11
was received on the 24th January
same week i received a notice of action
FP- taken on the 17th February

its like three weeks now and haven't received anything, and the online system says initial review,
how long before i receive the interview letter?
Thanks

Initial review

Oct i renewed my greencard online and did my biometric a mont after and im just waiting for my new card but
today i checked my case status online ant this is what is say...

Initial Review
On February 12, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

i was confused when i read it because i never CHANGE my address..
so what does it mean??? Please Help!

Oct i renewed my greencard online and did my biometric a mont after and im just waiting for my new card but
today i checked my case status online ant this is what is say...

Initial Review
On February 12, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

i was confused when i read it because i never CHANGE my address..
so what does it mean??? Please Help!

Most likely this change means re-entry of the same address.