Infraction citation before interview

Now_N400

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

What is the best way to handle infraction citation while case is pending for interview scheduling? If it doesn't get resolved by th einterview date then what to say to IO?

Please help.

It depends on how well you tolerate the risk. If not too well, then pay your ticket in full and get the court disposition as soon as you learn of the interview date. For example, in California, tickets take a lot of time to resolve if you plead not guilty (more than a month).

Thank you, Konig.
Appreciate your reply.

I am still concerned on it's effect in the interview. Even if I pay the infraction citation, it will be, at the max, one month old from interview date. Will it influence the decision?

I am still concerned on it's effect in the interview. Even if I pay the infraction citation, it will be, at the max, one month old from interview date. Will it influence the decision?
No, infraction ticket will not influence the decision.

Ticket paid

I paid the ticket over internet. Now all I have is the actual ticket and the online payment receipt as a proof that I paid. Never received any document from court.

Will that be enough to show to the IO? :confused:

I may have not received the court paper because my ID has old address and the officer recorded the same old address.

Please help.

Q6ajgm

I paid the ticket over internet. Now all I have is the actual ticket and the online payment receipt as a proof that I paid. Never received any document from court.

Will that be enough to show to the IO? :confused:

I may have not received the court paper because my ID has old address and the officer recorded the same old address.
You have to call the court clerk and ask how you can obtain the court disposition. It's not the same as the payment receipt. The IO will probably not ask for it anyway, but it's good to be prepared.

You have to call the court clerk and ask how you can obtain the court disposition. It's not the same as the payment receipt. The IO will probably not ask for it anyway, but it's good to be prepared.

Thanks König.

I did call the court clerk. They don't send disposition for infractions.
Well I guess, I will go to the interview with my citation receipt and the receipt that I got by paying on-line.

Wish me luck.