Information on Hotels

Alren,
can you give us an idea, how long a drive it would be :

a) From hotel Royal Castle to Lilavati
b) From hotel Royal Castle to Hinduja

I read somewhere, that its ballpark 45 mins from hotel RC to Lilavati.
I dont know about Hinduja.

And would you recommend Hinduja for meds?

I have long way to go before I get to the stage of deciding on hotels .. but I have a quick question:

How far is Hotel Royal Castle from the Consulate?? Is it in the same building??

Thanks
S

sanjay76 said:
I have long way to go before I get to the stage of deciding on hotels .. but I have a quick question:

<<That would be a dream. Come out of my room, get into the elevator, press a button....and I am facing the Consulate.>>
<<Hotel RC is only 10 minutes from the Consulate, by taxi.>>

Thanks
S

sansin said:
Alren,
can you give us an idea, how long a drive it would be :

a) From hotel Royal Castle to Lilavati
b) From hotel Royal Castle to Hinduja

I read somewhere, that its ballpark 45 mins from hotel RC to Lilavati.
I dont know about Hinduja.

And would you recommend Hinduja for meds?
I've do not know first hand where exactly is Royal Castle. But what I recollect from this forum and as per this site http://www.1uptravel.com/traveldirectory/hotel.html (BTW, a exhaustive list of hotels in mumbai) it is in Gowalia Tank.

So I would put (these are my estimates, a mumbaikar can prob. correct me) :
a) 45-60 mins
b) 30-45 mins (For going to Lilavati, you would almost pass Hinduja, in other words, it is on the way, so in any case it is 15 mins. closer each way as compared to Lilavati)

I went for my medicals at Hinduja. Was a cake. I would highly recommend it. You spend about 2-2.5 hrs. in the morning and about 1.5 hrs. in the afternon. There's a clean 3-4 hr. break. From what I read about Breach Candy, I would definetly go to Hinduja. In the break, I went to the photo studio near the consulate (by cab), had a couple of social visits and was back in quite decent time for the afternoon session.

sanjay76 said:

Thanks
S

Not at all. Probarbly, about a 10 min. cab ride to the consulate.

Here is all the information you may need on Hotel Royal Castle (taken from another post):

Hotel Royal Castle
76 August Kranti Marg (better known locally as Gowalia Tank)
Mumbai-400 036
Tel: 2388-3888 (4 lines); Fax: 2385-4340

near Khumballa Hospital
half a kilometer away from Shalimar

No reservation needed though better to fax stay related details.
Rs. 950 (ac, geyser, TV, decent)
Rs. 1200 (ac, geyser, TV, a bit better)
Rs. 1500 (ac, running hot/cold water, TV, spacious with marble bath/tub etc.) Rs1500 room is really nice.
4% Luxury Tax

Raja and Pandeyji are at the reception.
Day time usually Mr Tiwari is there along with the owner Mr Deepak. Tea/breakfast can be ordered and laundry service is available