Information on Hotels

sansin

Registered Users (C)
I did an extensive search on Hotels in Mumbai, but did not find any specific post with any relevant information. So, I thought I would start this thread. I would really appreciate if others post their experience with (or information about) Hotels in Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, etc under this thread. Specifically, I am interested in hotels in Mumbai not far from the Consulate. But lets make it a general thread on information on Hotels in any of the Consular Locations. I think it would help a lot of people. It would be nice if admin can make this a sticky thread. Would be nice too, if this information is provided under the sticky-thread "Useful stuff while waiting for Interview."

Thanks
Sanjay

Hotels

Thanks Alren, looking forward to your information.

And could others please post their knowledge/experiences about hotels please.

Never having been to Mumbai before, it would help me and others in my position, a lot.

Regards
Sanjay

Hotels

Alren,
thanks for your information. But those hotels are pricey for me. I am looking at around Rs.1500 / day hotel rooms. My parents would come and stay with me in Bombay, so, have to take 2 rooms (hence, double the cost on a per day basis).

Any info from others would be very helpful.

Thanks

I am wondering if anybody has suggestions for
hotels in Delhi.
I know there were some posts about this but I am not able to locate them

thanks

Myself stayed at Metro Preetam near Dadar. I had my medicals done at Hinduja. The rate was 2500 + 10% tax /night.

quite OK. Used it for less then 6 hrs.

sansin,
I am not sure if you checked this out in one of the ex cpers experience but here you go

By jag:
1. Hotel: We stayed at Hotel Royal Castle, 76 August Kranti Marg (better known locally as Gowalia Tank), Mumbai-36. Tel: 23883888 (4 lines); Fax: 23854340. No reservation needed though better to fax stay related details. Rates per night (check out: 12 noon) : Rs. 950 (ac, geyser, TV, decent), Rs. 1200 (ac, geyser, TV, a bit better) and Rs. 1500 (ac, running hot/cold water, TV, spacious with marble bath/tub etc.). We stayed for 10 days due to other work in Rs. 1500 room – recommended to those with children due to more space, sofas, etc. Room service: 24 hours. Raja and Pandeyji are at the reception and servants are very happy with Rs. 10-20 tips a day. Tea/breakfast can be ordered and laundry service is available. Nearby restaurant (walking distance): Shiv Sagar (Panjabi, Chinese, South Indian. Food: Very hot to our tastes; upper floor is air-conditioned). Better to go to Colaba (Taxi: Rs.60) and eat at Hotel Delhi Darbar (good food but mediocre service) or Foods Inn (cheaper than Delhi Darbar but comparable food).
From this hotel, Taxi to American Consulate and Breach Candy costs Rs. 13 (minimum charge; time: 5 minutes). Pre-paid taxi from airport to this hotel costs Rs. 300 (non-ac) and Rs. 450 (ac); while metered (non-prepaid) taxis cost around Rs. 250.00.
Hotel Kemps Corner and Hotel Shalimar are even nearer to the US consulate. Hotel Royal Castle is on the first floor; don’t be over-expectant, excellent for 2-3day stays (and longer stays will make you find faults!)

Can anyone tell me Hotel royal castle will be how far from hinduja OR lilavati hospital
I am planning to do my medicals in either one and would stay in hotel for a week as i am keeping 3 days buffer for interview.
Any other reasonable hotel near Lilavati/ Hinduja and consulate.
New to mumbai so dont have any idea.

anushri

vm1214 said:
sansin,
I am not sure if you checked this out in one of the ex cpers experience but here you go

By jag:
1. Hotel: We stayed at Hotel Royal Castle, 76 August Kranti Marg (better known locally as Gowalia Tank), Mumbai-36. Tel: 23883888 (4 lines); Fax: 23854340. No reservation needed though better to fax stay related details. Rates per night (check out: 12 noon) : Rs. 950 (ac, geyser, TV, decent), Rs. 1200 (ac, geyser, TV, a bit better) and Rs. 1500 (ac, running hot/cold water, TV, spacious with marble bath/tub etc.). We stayed for 10 days due to other work in Rs. 1500 room – recommended to those with children due to more space, sofas, etc. Room service: 24 hours. Raja and Pandeyji are at the reception and servants are very happy with Rs. 10-20 tips a day. Tea/breakfast can be ordered and laundry service is available. Nearby restaurant (walking distance): Shiv Sagar (Panjabi, Chinese, South Indian. Food: Very hot to our tastes; upper floor is air-conditioned). Better to go to Colaba (Taxi: Rs.60) and eat at Hotel Delhi Darbar (good food but mediocre service) or Foods Inn (cheaper than Delhi Darbar but comparable food).
From this hotel, Taxi to American Consulate and Breach Candy costs Rs. 13 (minimum charge; time: 5 minutes). Pre-paid taxi from airport to this hotel costs Rs. 300 (non-ac) and Rs. 450 (ac); while metered (non-prepaid) taxis cost around Rs. 250.00.
Hotel Kemps Corner and Hotel Shalimar are even nearer to the US consulate. Hotel Royal Castle is on the first floor; don’t be over-expectant, excellent for 2-3day stays (and longer stays will make you find faults!)

MiDelhi said:
I am wondering if anybody has suggestions for
hotels in Delhi.
I know there were some posts about this but I am not able to locate them

thanks

Look for P_L (Pitambar Lal's) posting about his CP and hotel experiences.

Rjain

Anushri,
am in the same situation as you are.

I am planning to stay at Royal Castle for a week, and goto Lilavati. Lilavati is a good 45 minutes ride away from Royal Castle. So, start early for your medicals.

Regarding Royal Castle, if you can garner any more info, please do share in this thread. I am more concerned about safety and security in the hotel (for my CP documents).

I have the same cocernes as yours. i also have to book 2 rooms so looking something reasonable.
what is ur interview date BTW

anushri

August 30.

BTW, anybody know any hotels near Lilavati. Please post here if you know of any.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
anushri said:
Can anyone tell me Hotel royal castle will be how far from hinduja OR lilavati hospital
For Hinduja, I stayed at Metro Preetam at Rs. 2500/- + taxes a night. It's a 10 min cab ride from there.

I believe for Lilavati there's Rang Sharda which is 4xxx.

sansin said:
Anushri,
am in the same situation as you are.

I am planning to stay at Royal Castle for a week, and goto Lilavati. Lilavati is a good 45 minutes ride away from Royal Castle. So, start early for your medicals.

Regarding Royal Castle, if you can garner any more info, please do share in this thread. I am more concerned about safety and security in the hotel (for my CP documents).
If you are staying at Royal Castle, why don't you go to Breach Candy for medicals?

Even Hinduja will save you about 15mins each way.

Alren,
Do u have any idea do they give extra bed at some extra charge.How big is the room as i have a 2yr old as well with me.
and if u can pas their phone no. that will be great.

Do u know any other hotel nearby which is less expensive than this.I have 10 days stay and need two rooms.if u can suggest something else as well.

anushri

alren said:
For Hinduja, I stayed at Metro Preetam at Rs. 2500/- + taxes a night. It's a 10 min cab ride from there.

I believe for Lilavati there's Rang Sharda which is 4xxx.

Sorry no ideas on that one. I just used the hotel for less then 6 hrs. Arrived BOM , reached the hotel 1:00AMish and checked out at 7:00AM.

Room is decent sized. Double bed, sofa, study table, etc. Similar to Mariotts, Days Inn, .....

Out of curiousity, where are U from (if U are comferable divulging).

well, i am from Bhopal(MP) and have no one in mumbai as such. So looking from suggestions from seniors.
How can i make the booking for metro preetam, do u have their phone no????? or just show up.....
anushri

I personally would go with a booking. I had the bookings done by my folks in India. I believe kd1403 posted the phone no. quite some time back. U can search for key words Hinduja by kd1403. If you don't find it, I might have the bill back home and can locate the no. from there.

The reason I asked about your location was if you are staying in Mumbai for a week consider going back home for 2-3 days. That's what I did. But of course the train service and flights to BOM are A1 from my city.